Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question SWF export causing import issues in Flash

I'm trying to export simple boxes with a 2 pixel border from XXP5 as swf and import them into Flash 8 to use as simple highlights. However on import into Flash the boxes are there but not filled in the original colour and they have no line associated to them. Running the swf independently shows the file to look as expected.

I've exported from XXP5 using the SWF4/5/6/8 settings and they all give the same error, it seems to be the same in Flash CS3 also.

Default Re: SWF export causing import issues in Flash

Tom -

I just tried this both from X5 drawing and animation windows and the files open just fine in Flash CS4 so I am not sure why you are having this problem.

Have you applied any transparency?
    Attached Files Attached Files

No transparency at all. It seems to be when cloning boxes, see attached. I've tried everything to get this out of xara as an swf and imported into flash but nothing I do seems to work!
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is still an issue, have exported using XX2.0f CD and it imports into Flash perfectly. Something with the newer version of the swf exporter in XXP5 isn't compatible with the swf importer of Flash CS3.

Hi Tom,
    Have you submitted a support ticket to Xara?

I don't have Flash on my system but I do have both Freehand and Illustrator and your file imports into both without problems. It should not be anything to do with the Bitmap Fills selection so I can't think what the problem is bar that the export filter may be corrupted in some way. I hate asking members to re-install the programme again but I can't think of anything else to do. Best suggestion would be to wait on a reply from the ticket that you may put in.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I've just tried the import to Flash CS3 and the swf does import but no black shapes or red outlines. I can see groups representing the original shapes in Xtreme (though everything is white!).

Taking the Xtreme file and exporting from Xtreme Pro 4.01, the resulting swf imports correctly to Flash CS3.

TomVan, I'm having the same problems. Before I found your post I opened a new thread. Care to join us?

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...h-Every-Format

pgd6 Re: SWF export causing import issues in Flash

If you found a solution I'd love to hear it. If you didn't, maybe we can find one together.
    Last edited by ToddS; 31 August 2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Accidental double-post

We now just design in XXP5 and export using XX2.0, it's not ideal but the old exporter seems to work perfectly. Our use is to produce aircraft cockpit panels so we're restricted to keeping design relatively simple so everything imports to flash as vector.