Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Help!

I've just learning how to make animations. Attached is my animated company logo. Whacha' think? How do I make it faster, smoother? If the infinity sign has turned red, I didn't do it! Some computers are not displaying the black.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Thank you Gary Priester for your help.

Kristina: another Xara lover
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	animated_logo.gif 
Views:	238 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	15779  

I've just learning how to make animations. Attached is my animated company logo. Whacha' think? How do I make it faster, smoother? If the infinity sign has turned red, I didn't do it! Some computers are not displaying the black.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Thank you Gary Priester for your help.

Kristina,

The animation jumps at each cycle. If you are using Xara to create the animation, on the Animation Frame Gallery, go the the frame where your background image is and click on properties, uncheck "show frame" Don't worry it will still be seen, but it won't cycle, which is why it is jumping.

If you want to make the cycle faster (looks fine to me at the speed it is) the default speed is 10. for each frame go to properties, "Frame" and decrease the "local delay number"

Hope this helps.

Judi

Thank you, Judi. I did what you said (unchecking the show frame box). It seems to have taken the red out, but that's just when I previewed it.

I do have the loop speed down to 1 cs, but people here think it should still go faster! I have deleted every other frame (originally 83 frames) in an attempt to make it fast, but I think that makes it jumpy.

Name:	animated_logo.gif 
Views:	231 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	19869  

Much better, and I don't see the red now either. Actually there is only one bump, and it is in the original one also. As the ball comes up to the top of the front of the eight in the foreground it jerks. This is probably caused from a frame where the ball is out of alignment of the preceeding and following path.

If I were you I would go back and delete more frames, you'll be surprised that you eye will compensate. Plus it will load a lot faster, it is rather slow loading now.

Judi

Hi Kristina

I use Gif Movie Gear to optimize my animations, it's very good at managing file sizes and color.

I hope you don't mind that I put your gif through GMG and reduced the frame count, color pallete, removed unecessary info ie:repeated parts of the animation are rendered transparent... and determined your trouble spot is on frame 6. The loop on that frame is in front of the text. The original was around 150 kb ... it's now 12 kb. Here's the reworked, it may be a little too fast for your liking though.

It's a very good animation Kristine, just try playing around with frame rates and so on... 'cause you're on the right track.

Regards, Wayne

Name:	reworked1.gif 
Views:	219 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	7178