Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: How about lean version of Xtreme

Thank you for saying that you won't be releasing more combinations of product features as yet another product. I would think that there are enough options with WD, Xtreme, and Xtreme Pro...

I really actually like that I can create layouts and graphics and export to get a good pic of what the page might look like on the web and then individually export the graphics as I like if I want to assemble them in another application (like MS Expression Web). If I don't want to export the HTML, I don't. Simple. But the option is there and in certain circumstances, is VERY valuable.

Just thought I'd come back and say thanks again to Bill for the XaReg update re the multilayer clipboard option [as posted by Phil], now that I have been using the new version for a while

preserving layers when required is very welcome indeed - but there are times when it is not good and very disruprive to established workflow

like in so many things, wonderful to have the choice [and the XaReg]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

If you appreciate the work Bill puts into XaReg, use the Donate button and drop him a few bucks. What I've sent doesn't begin to cover the amount of time he's saved me.

Thanks again, Bill!

Current state of Xtreme Pro is perfect for me. I love the web and photo features along with the core features and would not want to change applications between vector Xara and web Xara only because the current task leans towards either end.

During the time when I was using Web Designer I really hated the fact that time to time I needed to go to Xtreme Pro to make some more advanced vector stuff and then paste that over to WD. Back in those days I needed to keep two separate files for one project. Not ideal at all!

I too would love a lean version of Xtreme. I just want a program focused only on vectors really and doing them well, don't need to web stuff or whatnot. The only reason why I put a BMP in there is to trace over it too.^^;;

What would be awesome is a version that focused only on creating images using vector. And keep getting better at it and also import/exporting into different things better and folders for layers and whatnot. I use a lot of layers and when I tried version 5 it got really sloppy like and unorganized.

Make a vector version and that will be the nail in the coffin in my decision to finally buy.XD *stops rambling*