Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default How about lean version of Xtreme

I would love to have Xtreme stripped of the Web and Live Effects.

The web features introduced a problem by retaining layers when pasting in place. Other issues may also exist but the layer issue has been mentioned by other members. Besides Web Designer has all the web features so why include them into the flagship vector application.

Live Effects cause files to become corrupt so they cannot be reopened. Many members have reported this type of problem.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: How about lean version of Xtreme

just so long as it includes soft groups VHQ and customisable keys it gets my vote..........

I can live without live effects too so long as I can make PS my bitmap editor.....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Never use those two things anyway, so I probably wouldn't notice. Isn't the button nav bar part of the web design toolset too? Personally speaking, 3D effects are something I wouldn't miss either, but I don't know if it has any detrimental effects.

The button nav bar was depricated several versions back, so not missed by me.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I think you've got a good point, Bill.

WedDesigner has simplified things, but a hybrid between it and Xara, perhaps including the Blend, Freehand, and QuickShape tools, and not all the web publishing functions would be my vote.

In a corporate environment especially this, I think, would be ideal. Novice or infrequent users would have a great, value-priced app at hand they could easily use. High-end users with XPro could do more sophisticated editing/repurposing of their files as needed.

Sorry Bill. I'm still with Xtreme 4.01. I am looking for an excuse to upgrade and eventually will, but Xtreme 5 pro just doesn't have anything I feel I must have...yet.

If memory serves me the Nav Bar tool was depricated in the first Xtreme release. However, it was still available by opening the Control Bars Button Palette up to and including 4.01 but wasn't on the Tools bar as it had been in Xara X and X¹.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I use a stripped down interface, and tend to open tools with hotkeys. I have noticed that on my printed hotkeys card (taped to my monitor) that I rarely, if ever, use any of the whole top row (CTRL+Fkey) they are; Shadow, bevel, live effects, photo, contour and button & navbar. It doesn't get in my way, I was just curious if it was part of the web features you mentioned.

The old Nav Bar is no where in Web Designer or Xtreme 5, however a post was made about the possibility of something better being in a future version. We must wait and see what that may be.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Bill is that not called X2 or what ever it was called before the Live Effects Tool? It is a good idea to clean out the bits that some of us don't think are as quite important to us in everyday drawing. I was finding that the speed was not quite there when I upgraded to Pro 5, then I had a thought (a dangerous event), I stopped putting the path in on all the Plugin folders that I had, suddenly I had my speed back again.
    Design is thinking made visual.