Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

How do I line up edit handles? I have a line and the two ends are off by pixels. How do I straighten them out?

[This message was edited by rgremill on August 03, 2001 at 23:14.]

How do I line up edit handles? I have a line and the two ends are off by pixels. How do I straighten them out?

[This message was edited by rgremill on August 03, 2001 at 23:14.]

Unfortunately, there is no built in function for this.

But there a two ways (at least) to make it happen:

1) Draw a guideline (horizontal or vertical) where you want your ends to be and just let them snap to it.

2) Select each node and type the desired location into the number boxes.

Both ways you end up with aligned nodes, even though it is a little work ..

Wolfgang

Set up a grid in Utilities > Options > Grid & Ruler and then use Window > Snap to Grid. If all else fails you can set up Utilities > Options > General > Nudge size which allows you to move objects by small amounts. The help explains all these things.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

If you know the angle you want it to be - you can set it after the fact. Using the shape editor tool select the start node. Note that the angle ifo is displayed and can be edited. Interestingly it is the selected node that moves.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anglesetting.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	16137  

What if you have a square and the bottom two points are not lined up?

It seems like you should be able to select the points and then do Arrange / Alignment / Bottom.

What Ross described above still applies. Assuming you have a hand-drawn rectangular shape, click each node, one at a time, and check its angle valueS. There will be two angle values, remember these are angle values REALATIVE to the two ADJACENT nodes.

For the sides to be either perfectly horizontal or vertical, then the nodes must be at right angles and, therefore, a factor of 90 degrees (0, -90, +90, -180, or 180). Try it.

Now for the heck of it, as a further experiment, copy your rectangle and flip the copy horizontally. Now select the nodes of the copy and compare these values to the respective nodes of the original rectangle. You'll notice that they have the "opposite" values.

Using angular values works with "open curves" as well, SO LONG AS THE NODES are the endpoints of a STRAIGHT LINE SEGMENT.