Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Web page background graphic

Check my last post, just above yours. The background you set for the page will expand to fill your screen if it's larger than the page size you set, but the actual content you place on the page will not.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com

Sorry to be learning and posting at the same time!

I swapped the grey background with a 4000px photo and the background also filled my 1655px browser without scroll bars.

So I guess it works just fine!

Any input would be appreciated as I am quite new to this interesting program.

Thank you.

I see now.

The first time I tried this, I used a stock image in Xara which was not very large, so I expanded the image. This seemed to cause the scroll bars.

With a proper sized image, the background does not create scroll bars.

Great.

Thanks for your quick replies!

No problem. This stuff is pretty good fun, and half the fun is experimenting and seeing what happens when you push the red button!
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Here's another background trick: you can have an expanding background image or color that fills the whole browser screen (assuming the browser screen is larger than your page size) AND have a different background for the actual page size itself. I did that on my web sit (link in sig). Just set the background normally, then create a box sized the same as your page and align it so it's perfectly matched up. Lock it, and voila. Place all your page content inside the box and you get the best of both worlds.

You can even feather the edges of the box you place, and end up with a nice fading effect between the page and the larger background area.

Sounds nice.

This program seems like it will grow on me the more I use it.

I'm trying to make various sized backgrounds-fairly small, mostly plain color but shaded not a solid color. Also, some of theme would have some text. I'm in the free version and want to know if this is achievable with this software and the difficulty level.

I'm in the free version
    There is no free version for Windows that I am aware of, but there are 30 day trials of Web Designer and Designer Pro.

Is there an example of what you want that you can post?