Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Question about installing properly

I just got Corel Painter and installed it. The CD also had an Extras folder with tons of brushes and stuff. Am I supposed to install these as well? I'm brand new to Painter but understand Corel Draw.

Also, I use both a Mac and a PC side by side... and the software says Mac/Windows. Can I legitimately install Painter on the PC using my same serial number?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Doc
    IP

Default Re: Question about installing properly

Hi drgrafix,

This link will take you to a thread at The PainterFactory that includes instructions for installing items from the Painter X CD > Extras folder.

100% Newbie

The instructions are basically the same for Painter 11 and should work the same for Painter 11 but, using the paths I included, you'll need to change the Painter version number to Painter 11 and check to be sure the path for Macs and maybe for Windows 7 are correct. There have been changes in the paths on Macs and maybe in Windows 7 but I don't have the correct paths yet so you'll need to ask another Mac user and another Windows 7 user (if you're using Windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by drgrafix View Post
    I just got Corel Painter and installed it. The CD also had an Extras folder with tons of brushes and stuff. Am I supposed to install these as well? I'm brand new to Painter but understand Corel Draw.
    You can install them or not, as you wish. It's up to you.

Also, I use both a Mac and a PC side by side... and the software says Mac/Windows. Can I legitimately install Painter on the PC using my same serial number?
    You should contact Corel to make sure but my guess is it will be OK, especially if one is a desktop and the other is a laptop.

Matter of fact, while you're there, ask at The PainterFactory. That way, you'll avoid getting caught up trying to get answers from Corel Customer Service.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Doc

You're welcome.

Cheers!

Jinny

#
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP