Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara PDFs are making Acrobat crash

This has been happening a lot lately . If I export a document as a PDF/X it does its thing and then Acrobat opens up and views it, and then it crashes and closes. This seems to just happen with Xara exports.
    I can open the PDF in other machines with no problem though.
    I am using latest Xara X Pro, Acrobat Professional 8.2 on a Win7 64 bit machine.
    Anyone else had similar probs?
    /j

Default Re: Xara PDFs are making Acrobat crash

i had the following:
    i received architect drwings, made in autocad (2010 2010 18.0s lms tech) and converted to pdf ver 1.6 acrobat 7.x.
    imported into xx 4 and try to slice a rectangle - the color lines of the pdf show thru the black rectangle and xx stops responding
    God bless
    gabriel
    '... and then there was Corel Draw v.2 for MS Windows 3 on my superfast 286'

forgot to tell you:
    try foxit pdf reader, its very light and has astonished me in the past.
    g
    '... and then there was Corel Draw v.2 for MS Windows 3 on my superfast 286'

I had an issue with PDFs exported from Xtreme Pro5 causing Adobe reader to crash. After contacting Xara technical support we managed to trace the problem to one of the fonts used in the .xar file. I can't remember which font it was, but it was a wired and wonderful one downloaded from dafont.com.

To see if this is the issue you are having, try exporting your pdf with the "Convert text into shapes" export option. If this solves it then there may be an issue with one of the fonts in your document.

Rich

Okay, good call. I shall def try Foxit reader and investigate the font issue.
    Thanks very much!
    /j