Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Received disks...no serial number?

Been using Xara Xtreme since X1, along with other products. Upgraded form Xtreme Pro 4 and received disks yesterday, but no serial number. In the past the serial number has always been printed on a sticker, attached to a case. They've done away with the case, but I can't find the serial number. Not on invoice either.

Also, where is this information on the Xara suppport website that listed purchased products and serial numbers. Can't find that either.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike Emerson The Graphics Factory, Freelance Graphic Artist

Default Re: Received disks...no serial number?

You have to sign in - top righthand corner of xara.com web site. Once in the Service Centre you go to my products and you can retieve all information about your Xara products, serial numbers etc., from there.
    derek

When I ordered it last summer, I received an email confirming the purchase along with an order number AND serial number.

Also, when I log into my account at xara.com by clicking the sign in/register link at the upper right hand corner, it shows all my purchases and all my serial numbers.

I guess it's possible you registered a new account there when making this purchase and you are logging into the old account where it's not reflected??
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by graphicsfactory View Post
    ..but I can't find the serial number...
    Hi Mike, I'm guessing you upgraded to Xtreme PRO 5. In that case the serial number should be on the back on the cardboard box.
    In case of Xtreme 5 the serial number is INSIDE the plastic DVD cover, behind the Xtreme disc.
    Regards, Albert G. Kubbenga

My Xtreme Pro 5 boxed set with ring-bound manual came with the discs in paper sleeves but no serial was included.
    As far as I am aware this is a new security system from Xara/Magix where serial numbers are kept in your account area at Xara.com and not shipped with the product.

Well Steve I don't know about that security system because only last week we received a new shipment of Xtreme PRO 5 from Xara HQ with the serial numbers on the back of the cardboard box.

Thanks for all your help! I submitted a ticket to customer service and got a reply within an hour...thanks to the Xara Support Team! Unfortunately there was no explanation why the serial number was omitted.

In response to some of the replies:

There is no box or case supplied when you upgrade from Pro 4 to Pro 5. The disks were shipped in blank sleeves, in the envelope loose.

There was no serial number in the order confirmation email nor on the receipt included on the envelope.

As far as logging in to accounts...I was logged in, but the information just wasn't there. However, after I received another response form Xara support they directed me to log in again. And, to my surprise, I was directed to a different page than before where I did find all of my information. I'm guessing they may have had a link problem.

But, anyway all is well.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike Emerson The Graphics Factory, Freelance Graphic Artist