Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy DREAMWEAVER CS4 Menu Maker extention

please asist, cannot seem to get menu maker to work in CS4 anybody have any ideas, have purchased menu maker and installed extention for dreamweaver but when i go back in to dreamweaver menu maker nowhere to be found under insert tab??? URGENT

I have menu's created for existing websites that are now not showing up in dreamweaver, they are still however on the websites that they where used on i just have no way off updating or changing them, does this mean i have to create all new menus for all my website from scratch!!! :-(

Default Re: DREAMWEAVER CS4 Menu Maker extention

Hello Moja,

Menu Maker was released in 2004, long before CS4 existed.

An updated Dreamweaver extension was released for CS3. I do not use Dreamweaver so I cannot test the extension.

I recall at least one user reported the CS3 extension works with CS4. You can download the updated extension from the Xara Support site: http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...&nav=0,454,460
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Unhappy Re: DREAMWEAVER CS4 Menu Maker extention

Hello,

Tech support informed me that the Add-On doesn't work in CS4, and I have tested it and can verify that.

I can use the insert function, but not the edit properties function.

I have both CS3 & SC4 running on the same machine, and in CS3 I can't insert the menue, but I can edit it's properties.

So it looks like I have to use CS4 to insert and CS3 to edit.

Too bad, I just purchased MM 1.1, if I knew that I was buying old technology that didn't work in my software, I would not have purchased it :-(

AM

Quote Originally Posted by marotti View Post

Too bad, I just purchased MM 1.1, if I knew that I was buying old technology that didn't work in my software, I would not have purchased it :-(
    In all fairness, this is where the 15 day trial helps users decide suitability before parting with their money.

I have updated to Dreamweaver CS4 and now find that MenuMaker 1.1 doesn't work....
    I have downloaded the Dreamweaver extension and can now see the MM icon in DW but when I click it, I get an error message that "the requested operation requires elevation"
    Does anyone know what that means please? - or how to get around it!!

Failing this, does anyone know of a similar programme that DOES work with Dreamweaver?

Thanks

It means the operation needs to be "Run as Administrator".

However the previous posts seem to indicate that you are wasting your time.

MM is long overdue for a face lift and seems like Xara is not interested it or doesn't have the time even though it's a nice menu program. Not seo friendly.
    Try this: http://www.blumentals.com
    I've had no problems with it in DW or EW.

Try saving your project as a html page then copy and paste the code on your page or pages. Worked for me like that in DW. I use MM very little now because it's not seo friendly but I do have some sites I manage that have been verified with Google with the MM on them and they do rank high in Google and Yahoo. To get Google looking at the sites I used Google's Webmaster Tools.
    Yes. Bluementals works well in CS5 and so does All Web Menus.
    Xara should do more and upgrade MM. It really is some nice software.