Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What is the best way to import a (very tall) web page as a visual (Xara Xtreme Pro5)

Hi

What is the best (free) way to capture (or print??) a large-ish web page into JPEF or GIF?
    Or failing that into PDF...

I do have a rather flakey thing called PDF995 that installs as a printer and creates PDFs but when I try to open them in Xara Xtreme they often go wrong... !

Cheers

Ship
    Shiperton Henethe

Default Re: What is the best way to import a (very tall) web page as a visual (Xara Xtreme Pr

I had PDF 995 too, buying it was a mistake but it was the best I could find at the time. You're right, it does get trippy. I found a better alternative: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

It works wonderfully and it's free.

Default Re: What is the best way to import a (very tall) web page as a visual (Xara Xtreme Pr

Sounds like you've got something backwards...You use PDF995 to create the pdf after you open the jpeg in another program, such as Xara Xtreme.

There are a number of programs used to capture a webpage (google the topic), many are free. You can even click and drag with your mouse to highlight the whole page, ctrl-c it, then ctrl-v it into an open Xtreme window. Then you can export it as a jpeg or gif or then you would use the PDF995 to make a pdf of your capture.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and for Gms...here, this might help you:support@software995.com.

There's a free add-on for Firefox called screengrab, that will capture a long page. Works great.

Nothing to install if you use the Aviary way - works in any browser.

Just add aviary.com/ infront of any URL, eg:

aviary.com/http://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Now that is NICE!!!

Love it Steve!

Thanks for the link!

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?