Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need Help in decision - Xtreme with 3D

I have downloaded the free trial for Xara Extreme Pro. I was thinking of purchasing it, then I read about Xara 3D. Is that included in the Pro version or do you have to purchase it separate. Sorry for this question, I'm use to Photoshop CS3 and never used a 3D program.

Default Re: Need Help in decision - Xtreme with 3D

People better and with more knowledge than me with Xara 3D will report to you here but it is a pseudo 3D programme. It was bundle when you bought the CD version of the software at version Pro 4 but I don't know if it is now. Please remember that you have a 3D tool in the software at the moment but have a look here I could not see if it was: http://www.xara.com/uk/products/xtreme/
    Design is thinking made visual.

Welcome to TalkGraphics onto

Xara 3D can add 3D effects to type and solid vector graphics. But it is not a true 3D program. That said, there are some pretty incredible things that people have done with it.

Unlike most 3D programs, however, Xara 3D and the Extrude Tool in Xara Xtreme, are intuitive and pretty easy to learn. To answer your question, the Extrude Tool in Xtreme is similar to Xara 3D but a little more limited. But then Xtreme is a first rate drawing, illustration, and website creation application.

So, if you just want a simple 3D application, Xara 3D, but if you want all the bells and whistles, Xtreme 5 or Xtreme 5 Pro.

Hi Ontos,

I just tried to reply to the Personal Message you sent me, but it seems you can't receive PM's at this time. Can you please contact me so I can answer your question?
    Regards, Albert G. Kubbenga

It may help others if you can share your wisdom at TG Albert

As a new member, ontos is unable to send and receive PM's with other members.

Please see ► http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=41643

Thank you all for your help. I am just starting to do different ideas that just happen to pop in my head, and Xara looks pretty darn good. I am really glad I joined this Forum, I have so much to learn.

I retired seven years ago and just got into computer graphics two years ago , Oh if I was younger. It is so much fun. Well enough of my babble. Cheers all.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    As a new member, ontos is unable to send and receive PM's with other members.
    Hi Steve, but I did receive a PM from him earlier today, so he must have been able to send PM's at some point.

Regards, Albert

Thanks Albert, I'll look into that because it should not be possible.

But back to Ontos' original question: I think the biggest difference between Xara3D6 and the 3D functionality in Xtreme PRO 5 (or Xtreme 5, for that matters) is that the 3D functionality in Xtreme does not have the animation feature that Xara3D6 has.

This means you can create the same kind of images in Xtreme (Pro) 5 as you could in Xara3D6, including bevels, extruding, colors etc.
    But you cannot export those images as moving/animated pictures.
    So if you should need that moving feature, then you'll need Xara3D6. If you don't need that, then I think Xtreme PRO 5 could do the job for you.

Regards, Albert
    Last edited by akubbeng; 15 January 2010 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Double comment

Thank you Albert that helps, I sent you e-mail just a minute ago. Thank you.