Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Smile Using Xtreme Questions

Hi,
    I am using Xara Xtreme, I have a website almost done but then was told by
    the owner that she will be wanting to sell from this site.

Stopped me in my tracks. Is it possible to make this site a purchase friendly site or do I need to redo it in Dreamweaver to enable it to be so? She wants paypal abilities integrated into the site...is this possible with Xtreme?

Also, I would love to hear how others are using Dreamweaver and Xtreme together...in creating websites. I use Dreamweaver 8...

Thank you for your help and Happy New Year to all!
    Deanna

Default Re: Using Xtreme Questions

You can add PayPal buttons easily via placeholders.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...05&postcount=8

You can create all your graphic objects in Xtreme for use in DW. HTML editing is not possible in Xtreme and neither is HTML importing.
    I'd choose one or other and stick with it.

Thank you for your reply!
    I know html is not possible in Extreme, so that is why I was asking.
    The placeholder should do the trick! Thank you!

You say you would use Xtreme or Dreamweaver, but not both?
    In reading on this board is sounds like many are using both, It sounded like it might be compatible to do so, you do not agree?

I do love the way this website has evolved in Xtreme, it is more beautiful
    than anything I have ever created in Dreamweaver and so much easier to do!
    As an html trained person I am having to rethink website design using Extreme.
    Not having the html control is jerking my chain a little but I am getting there!

One more question, I own Webstyle 4 and have tried to create nav bars and use them in Extreme, they do not work at all. Is this normal? These two softwares are not compatible? I was surprised, I thought they should work together perfectly! Maybe there is something I need to know about how to make them work together?

Deanna

Your repeated question re WebStyle has been answered here:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...279#post346279

As far as using DW along side Xtreme for websites, remember this - each time you export your site from Xtreme you will loose all edits you may have achieved by loading the previously exported exported HTML into Dreamweaver for further work.
    However, using Xtreme for your web graphics and DW for the website coding is quite feasible.

1 of my clients is a florist, I did a site for her in web designer last year when I first started using the software, it ended up at over 100 pages all using paypal buy now buttons and of course view cart buttons on every page, works well lots of purchases and no problems so far it depend what your selling really, if its something that has lots and lots of buyer options I have another site that I used XWD for the "main" html website pages and then oscommerce on the back end to handle the order process again works well.

Either option should suffice