Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi friends
    I had a very serious problem, I m using windows 2000 professional and photoshop 7.0 is not working over this OS i dont know why, i find its solution every where i can find but i dint get the result. let me brief u the situtation when i click on exe file of Photoshop 7.0 its start the application load all plgins and filters then whitout showing any error it closes the application. plz if anyone of u knwo the solutions then reply this as soon as u can..

Thanks

Regards
    Shiraz
    IP

One of 2 things i can think of right off the top...

1) There's already a copy of the program running. 2 instances can't run at the same time. Make sure Photoshop is not running, then press Ctrl+Alt+Delete... in the window that opens, look for the Photoshop.exe. If you see it, click on it and the do whatever you have to in Win2K to "end process" (shut down the program).
    -------------------------------------------------
    CAUTION! Do NOT shut down any other files you see in that list. ONLY the Photoshop.exe file IF you see it.
    -------------------------------------------------

2) There's a driver conflict that is only happening just prior to the program fully loading. Make sure you have all the latest updates... both for your vCard, and Photoshop -- Photoshop 7.01 update.

See if either of those helps.

If they don't... then do a search on your system for this file: Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Prefs.psp. When you find it, rename it. Then try to start the program. If it starts, then delete that file. If it doesn't help, then rename the file back to what it was.

NOTE: This is Photoshop's default preference file. It can become corrupt and cause a lot of various problems. Generally, you can delete this file and PS will recreate it fresh, so it get's fixed. But it's only one option, and not always the solution. Try it though.

Good luck.
    IP

Thanks Alot brother
    You solve my problem thanks, there was an error in the prefs.psp file. I rename the file and the application is running now http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Regards
    Shiraz
    IP

IP