Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi there,
    Xara has a plug-in for viewing WEB files on the internet but it has never been updated. I noticed the Xara website still has the plug-in for download but states that it won't work in IE 5.5 or greater.
    Will there/or is there an alternative means of viewing vector files on the web?
    Thanks for your input.
    --
    Phillip
    --
    Phillip

Hi there,
    Xara has a plug-in for viewing WEB files on the internet but it has never been updated. I noticed the Xara website still has the plug-in for download but states that it won't work in IE 5.5 or greater.
    Will there/or is there an alternative means of viewing vector files on the web?
    Thanks for your input.
    --
    Phillip
    --
    Phillip

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

hi Phillip,

I think xara is letting this die a slow death, with flash taking the lead. I wonder what Charles and crew feel about this.
    John/DOT

Hi John,
    That's probably true what you say. I was just curious.

Phillip
    --
    Phillip

Flash won that war - industry standard vector format for the web, albeit rather limited in the richness of graphics it can do. But great for animation of course. SVG is a more powerful way of displaying vector graphics on the web and we will be supporting SVG in future versions of Xara X.

We may resurrect a 'compact renderer' as we called the old .web file format browser plug-in, once we have the new Xara X XML file format.

Thank you Charles,
    I look forward to the new and improved (SVG/XML) formats.
    --
    Phillip
    --
    Phillip

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

"Flash won that war" - Charles

Thank You, also Charles. I was second guessing you there.

Say not the war, but the battle for graphic dominance. And xara is the tool that can win!
    John/DOT

Undoubtably Flash is King when it comes to viewing Vector files on the internet, but I'd hate to have to draw anything in Flash http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/mad.gif

XaraX's .swf export is excellent, the limitations only being the restrictions of Flash, not XaraX. You can even create a .swf file directly from XaraX and place it in a html page without even having Flash or Swish etc.

Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.gif 
Views:	170 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	9327  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host