Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

ok- using xara x- how do i sve my image on not get any white boarder- i only want the image.

thansk so much
    Thanks to you many much,

Byronious

ok- using xara x- how do i sve my image on not get any white boarder- i only want the image.

thansk so much
    Thanks to you many much,

Byronious

Depends on what you mean by the "white border". If you're referring to the antialiasing on a transparent gif, then you need to antialias the image to the backgraound that will be behind the gif when you use it. To do that, put a rectangle filled with the color of the background behind your image in the xar file, then export the gif again.

Or perhaps you just need to tell Xara that the gif is supposed to be transparent. In the export dialog, make sure the wineglass icon is depressed and the image in the left preview window shows the transparency.

Note that for web use, you may also have to ensure that the dimensions of your image are evenly divisible by 4. At least, that's what some of the experts around here have said.

If you're referring to a non-transparent gif, you're probably picking up the rest of the page in the canvas in your export. Try drawing a marquee around the objects you want in your bitmap, then exporting the selection.

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi byronious da bmxer,

I agree with allison on everything except the divisible by 4 thing. Never heard that before today.

I do know that your image should be in whole pixels 4X3 not 4.5X2.12. The remaining distance up to the whole pixel is filled with white.
    John/DOT