Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Page Layout

Default Page Layout

Hello:

I just moved over to CorelDraw x4 and so far I really like the program.

I have tons of questions but I'll wait until I've played with the program for a couple of weeks.

I do have a couple of questions I'd like to see if I can get answered:

1. is it possible to have different layouts on each page. Like: letter layout on page one, card layout on page 2 and envelope layout on page 3?

When I go to change the page layout it makes the changes to all pages versus just the page that I'm working on.

2. the same with backgrounds...I'd like the background to be red on one page and black on the other page.

I've looked into the options but I didn't find anything that would allow these changes to be made per page.

Thanks for you help.
    IP

Default Re: Page Layout

Hi InvGrp.

The answer to your first question is yes. Under the Layout Menu, Page Setup, you can change the page size. What I would do is create your other pages, then, while you're on that page, open the Page Setup, under Page Size, change your page size. Before you click OK, check the box that says Apply changes to current page only. That's it.

Number 2 isn't as easy. Changing the page background color does apply to all pages. You'll need to do something like create a rectangle the same size as the page and change the color that way.

Hope this helps.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

Your suggestions worked perfectly.

Thanks.
    IP

A quick way to change the page background colour is to click and drag a colour from the colour line at the bottom of the workspace onto
    the page area whilst holding down the Ctrl key.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Bob --
    I'm curious how you got this to work?? I've tried it on two computers with CDX4 many times and it will NOT work. I know it should work as the little page icon pops up while doing it. But if I drag a color onto the page, it shows the little plus thing but after release it pops up the box "Selecting a color then nothing is selected will change new objects" or something to that effect. No color change......

Also, I've seen nothing in the help files about it either. Hmmmm.......

edit -- I've tried Ctrl, Ctrl+Shift, Ctrl+Shift+Alt, Ctrl+Alt, and Shift+Alt. Will there be more?
    IP

I no longer have CD installed, but I think Bob may have wandered into the wrong room and described the Xara Xtreme method
    IP

Thanks sledger. I'm still curious though as to why that particular icon pops up. It's rare I actually change page background, and if I do, I always just draw a box. Oh well.....
    IP

One quick way to have a rectangle the size of the page is to double click the rectangle tool and then fill away.

Red Wombat, I liked your site. What was it created with?

chuckray
    IP

Meltsner, sorry to miss this in my last reply, but if you just drag a color to the page with no object selected, Corel is assuming that you want to make a 'default' operation to the color. Acting on my previous post may very well address this. When choosing color it has to be applied to something to avoid the pop-up message.

chuckray
    IP

Post Re: Page Layout

Thanks Chuck, I've never noticed that before!!! Works perfectly, although it would still be nicer to actually change just the page background instead of creating a new shape (could be locked of course). But it would definitely save time rather than dragging a rectangle.
    IP