Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Brush Creator

Default Brush Creator

I've a new iMac and loaded Painter X on it then updated but I'm unable to open the brush creator. It seems to think it's open, but the window isn't there. I've re-installed the program to no avail. I got rid of pref's too. I've no idea what's causing this. Has anyone else run into this and if so what is the fix.
    Thanks
    Ted

Never mind. I found the answer at painterfactory.com.
    I just needed to reset to default by starting up holding down "shift". I saved my pallettes first and it worked.
    Last edited by tedpainter; 12 December 2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: solved problem
    IP

Default Re: Brush Creator

you can also reset your workspace to default from within painter - this will usually work if your palette is not showing because [say] it is off screen in position
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Default Re: Brush Creator

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you can also reset your workspace to default from within painter - this will usually work if your palette is not showing because [say] it is off screen in position

Workspaces

Holding down the Shift key while launching Painter sets the current Workspace or all Workspaces (whichever you choose) to their installed state.

Palette Layouts Only

To restore your palettes to their installed layout (default layout) , use Window > Arrange Palettes > Default.

To restore your palettes to a saved custom palette layout, use Window > Arrange Palettes > then click the name of your saved custom palette layout at the bottom of the menu.

Jinny

#
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP