Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info help with simulating jquery menu in Xara animation

Hello all,

Can you help me with this ?
    I have a site created in Wordpress with a jquery menu in it. I like the menu very much but to create the site in Wordpress is taking too much time. The site URL = http://www.orthopedie-ronse.be/orthopedieronseonline

That’s why I bought Xara Web designer and why am I finishing my site in this app..
    I tried to simulate the jquery menu with an animation and I manage to get the same effect with a mouseover event. To get the grey selection bar back to the already selected item I would need a “mouse-out” event.
    I simulated this by building a box around the second item that fires a mouseover event and goes back to the first frame….
    The animation is not smooth though and I am looking for some suggestions/help to get this done properly.

This is my result sofar: see web file

Thank you for your help,

Olivier
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: help with simulating jquery menu in Xara animation

Flash or any animation is not my thing, however for Egg Bramhill it is - I'm sure he'll come along before the day is done to help you out.

try to make a menu , maybe its that wat you want.

Last edited by steve.ledger; 11 December 2009 at 10:37 AM.

Thank you, but, as you can see on my original site the jquery menu selection only stays on eg. the second linkbutton when the button is clicked. So when say the selection is on the first link and you hover your mouse over the second link the selection moves to the second link but if the link is not clicked and mouse move away again from it the selection gets back to the first link (which was selected already).

Could you be so kind to send me your .web file so I can see how you set up your demo menu ?

thank you, appreciated,

Olivier

This is new , but maybe with a bug.
    There is also the xara file.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    This is new , but maybe with a bug.
    There is also the xara file.
    Thanx Nicola !! Looks like this does the trick ! I have yet to have the time to look how you accomplished this.

I'll keep in touch, thank you very much

Hi,
    I had a e-mail dialog with Olivier where I came up with a soloution which involves the use of Xara Xtreme Pro 5, Placeholders, HTML, javascript, css and jQuery. A bit nerded for many creative minds

Have a look and be inspired! As some of you may know I am trying to put together a "jQuery interface" for the HTML generated by XXP (though I do not seem to be able to find the time for the project right now). The thread about that is here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=42435
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"