Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Xtreme 5 runs very s-l-o-w-l-y

I downloaded the demo of Xtreme 5 and it is very slow. This is on a fast computer (Athlon X3, 4GB RAM), with Windows 7 64-bit as well. When I ran Xtreme 4 on Windows XP, it was very fast. Any idea what's going on here?

Default Re: Xara Xtreme 5 runs very s-l-o-w-l-y

I have moved your post the the Xtreme and Xtreme Pro forum.
    Please take care where you post new threads.

I too run Xtreme 5 Pro on W7 64bit with a dual core AMD and 4GB ram.
    The application runs fine for me so clearly you have something that may have gone wobbly for you?

Can you please explain exactly what you are doing within the software and perhaps post and example file which is responding very slowly in Xtreme?

I'm not doing anything special. I mainly work with small web graphics. Selecting and dragging operations are very sluggish, dragged areas don't show their contents, jogging with the arrow keys is very laggy. Also exporting is fairly slow too. The computer itself is not slow, other programs run fine.

Not knowing what you have tried yourself, my first suggestion would be to un install Xtreme, reboot your PC then re install.
    Some AntiVirus/Security suites have been known to interfere with proper program installation, it might be well to disable yours during the re install process (re enable it before using your web browser again).

Hello Earthman,

Isn't the Athlon X3 a triple core CPU?

You could try a registry tweak that was mentioned by PhilM, one of the Xara Developers.

See his post at http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...5&postcount=15.

You may want to try a value of 2 to limit Xtreme to using only two of the cores.

Xtreme Pro 5 runs very fast on my Intel Dual Core laptop with Windows 7 64bit OS.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

XXP5 was slow on my Windows 7 64 bit machine too, only an Athlon 64 X2 4200+ and 3 GB RAM, and only XXP5 that ran slowly. Same security/office/etc software, but with Windows XP 32-bit and XXP4 is quicker on my Atom-powered Netbook.

After reinstalling it things seem to be working fine.