Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Xara Xtreme and Xara Xtreme Pro 5.1.2 update

As some of you have already noticed, we’ve released a 5.1.2 update for CD versions of Xara Xtreme 5 and Xtreme Pro 5.

I won’t list all the fixes but you can find full details here. You can download it now using the Update Program option in the help menu, but note you need to have both unlocked and registered your product for this to work. And, to pre-empt the question, we’ll have a patch for Web Designer in the next few days.

Many thanks
    Xara Team

Default Re: Xara Xtreme and Xara Xtreme Pro 5.1.2 update

Pre official announcement posts regarding the latest patch can be read here:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=42742

Having problems with the update. No error message or anything like that goed through the process of the splash screen which I close, then I get a please wait, then I get the info on the internet, click start download(?) I don't click view data which is being exchanged, then it starts downloading nearly 25 Megs, get message downloading programme update has been completed and I click OK. Then I get a new window opening saying searching for New Updates! which never completes.

Now before anyone says the usual! I did run the programme with Admin Rights and I did turn my Firewall Off. Anyone have ant notions on how I can get XPro 5 to see the updates or is this one for a ticket. Running Windows 7 and attached is the picture of the update screen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.png 
Views:	337 
Size:	2.2 KB 
ID:	68232  
    Design is thinking made visual.

I have exactly the same problem as Albacore.

I have repeated the process a couple of times , even re-booted but still version 5.1.1.9166 CD ( Xara) Jun 26 2009 .

Any thoughts? Can we download the file from somewhere?

I had the error message at the beginning of the install, continued through it and had no issues whatsoever installing it.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Barnes View Post
    Can we download the file from somewhere?
    The update is for registered and unlocked versions only, so there's no stand-alone file available to download.

To update your installation, use the “Update program” facility in the program Help menu. You need to have unlocked AND registered your program for this option work. If you haven’t, when you invoke the update option you’ll be shown the unlock/register dialog again. Make sure you register using the same email address that you used to purchase the program, because each serial number can only be registered to one email address.
    One thing to watch out for is there are a number of dialogs involved with the update process, I've noticed that almost all of them will popup *behind* any currently open application so check your task bar for any hidden dialogs.

Note that an update is also now available for Xara Web Designer, following the same process as quoted above.

Thanks for the heads-up Steve. Install flawless (as was the XXP install luckily)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Sorry got it working last night, did a reboot and it installed correctly. As Steve stated the update has many pop ups I wonder if they are all needed?
    Design is thinking made visual.

I have another problem: the "Designs Gallery" and "Fill Galery" do not work anymore.

Let me explain:
    I am working for a company where you login as a plain user with a lot of restrictions.

To install the upgrade, I had to login as an admin. Everything went fine.
    The installation was successfull and the application is working fine.

However, since I have installed the upgrade, whenever I login with my plain account (no admin rights) then the problem appears: Clicking on the "Design" and "Fill" gallery buttons is unresponsive. The galleries do not show up.

Any help appreciated.

Bernard

I have no Update Program option in the Help menu (I have registered and the Register is greyed out).

I can't download the update file either after loggin in (nothing happens when I click the file).

I'm stuck!

JimR