Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Dear Xara...

I haven´t received any mail (maybe i´m not subscribed to that list). Any way can someone please post the images of the interface you guys (and gals) are talking about? I would love to see them... (or point me to the mailing list)

Thank you

Miguel, Please see PM

This may of course be down to internal processes/procedures within Xara, but as I completed the questionnaire (and BTW I'm siding with those who didn't like the mooted dark interface) I'm sure that the survey URL was a Magix rather than a Xara one. Let's hope that this doesn't indicate an increasing trend from Magix to impose on Charles and co.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by ginger44 View Post
    ... I hate Photoshop Bridge with it's black interface - it's really hard to read ...
    You know you can change the black interface in Adobe Bridge by going to Edit --> Preferences --> General and using the sliders to change the grayscales?

I've noticed many applications which have gone slate grey in recent versions generally have the option for the user to choose variations. I think this is the sensible approach.

Adobe Lightroom has a very attractive UI to my eye and works very well as a RAW developer application where Adobe wanted to emulate a photographers darkroom. Other applications might become harder to use.
    So long as the user has a choice, I don't see any harm in going for a change to the Xtreme UI.

"You know you can change the black interface in Adobe Bridge by going to Edit --> Preferences --> General and using the sliders to change the grayscales?"

No, it didn't even cross my mind to look ( major 'duh' moment ). Have had a quick look - thank you very much for that, just wrote it off to crappy, new trendy interface.

Yvonne

I too took the survey. I didn't see anything revolutionary. They could have used the survey to throw some really original ideas out there and see what interface and more options we liked. For example, show me some variations with the Galleries, or workflow, etc. A survey about whether I liked a light or dark interface with color or monochrome buttons seemed like a waste of time. They could have dug deeper.

Just my two cents.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

Quote Originally Posted by RedWombat View Post
    They could have dug deeper.
    I'd guess their pockets would need to be deeper for a complete UI overhaul.
    And in turn this level of change could create a price shift for future versions

I was thinking of just the survey. They could have asked more than they did. Something to create a roadmap from. A UI overhaul would be too expensive for a single version update, that's true, but if they had roadmap based on more indepth user input, they could spread it out over time. Besides, don't they have Magix to foot the bill now?

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

Yes it's a MAGIX survey..