Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Naming pages and question on links

I am updating my web site and I am unable to save the "home" page to index and save page 3 "court reporters a thing of he past" in the dropdowns.

Also, I'm unable to make my links work.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Sheila
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Naming pages and question on links

Sheila you have named your home page as "gregoryproduct" in Web Properties which tells Web Designer that you want to export it as gregoryproduct.htm
    Remove the name and it will export as index.htm, by default.
    Also, manually typing 'index' in the export dialog would export the page as index.htm
    Remember that Page name and exported file name are the same thing by default.

Page 3 you have named "about_us" so the drop downs will show this as the link to page three.

As for the comment "Also, I'm unable to make my links work." - this is a bit vague, could you explain a little more?

Evertime I try to save the "home" page and "court reporters a thing of the past" I get the message "Failed to copy the XAR file's support folder". I tried to delete gregory product and would not delete and I tried renaming page 2 but was unable to rename.

I wanted the consumer to click on the LINK button and the buttons below the link popup - I do not want them on the site as is because they overflow the writing on the pages. How do I get this to work?

Thanks for your input.

Sheila
    Attached Files Attached Files

Could someone please help me out with the questions I had on the above thread, also the attachment is listed above. I'm stuck.

Thanks,
    Sheila

I think we're all exhausted Shelia, sorry...
    Have you tried sending your file and questions to Xara support?

As far as the error message "Failed to copy the XAR file's support folder" is concerned, please see:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...74&postcount=3