Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Now that the new programs out, why don't we all see if we can get pantone and cmyk outputted correctly into photoshop or illustrator. I would love for everyone to try this and post their results.

For CMYK I have done the following and have worked pretty close.

Make sure you have assigned colors in the cmyk mode in the color editor to your object.

export as illustrator file. Now when you open it in photoshop select cmyk mode for colors. If you check the colors with the xara (CMYK numbers that is) they are very close match.

Now that the new programs out, why don't we all see if we can get pantone and cmyk outputted correctly into photoshop or illustrator. I would love for everyone to try this and post their results.

For CMYK I have done the following and have worked pretty close.

Make sure you have assigned colors in the cmyk mode in the color editor to your object.

export as illustrator file. Now when you open it in photoshop select cmyk mode for colors. If you check the colors with the xara (CMYK numbers that is) they are very close match.

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi Behzad,

The outputs are not a perfect match but they are much closer than they where before. The primary and secondary colors are on the money tho.
    John/DOT