2 4.55%
  • A4 (letter size or larger) format graphic tablet with pen

2 4.55%
  • trackball

2 4.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Input needed

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Which input device do you use **most** with Xara and/or other graphic/CAD applications:
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Which input device do you use **most** with Xara and/or other graphic/CAD applications:
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

You left out the possibility of a combination of graphic tablet and mouse. I switch from one to the other depending on what I'm doing.

OK, I've slightly modified my question. Unfortunately the poll form doesn't offer more choices...

If you have connected a graphic tablet and a mouse, just select the graphic tablet, because this will be the device you'll use most often or more extensively while working in a graphics app.
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--

The device I use the most isn't in the list. I use the touchpad the most. If I use my graphic tablet with pen it's a A4 format but I've configured it to work on A5 format.

Jolande

I'm left handed but I learned to use the mouse with my right hand and have done so since the mid 80s.

No reason to quit now :-)

Gary

It's like learning to write with your weak hand... I guess its like playing a guitar. I'm right handed but when playing a guitar I have to use my left hand the most http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

I have a tablet, but I've never quite gotten into using it. (It did come in handy during an RSI period a couple of years ago.) Guess I'm sadly mouse-dependent. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Hats off to anyone who can draw with a trackball. That's like rollerskating on ice.

Me I like my mouse, its simply what I'm used to. I did just pic myself up a tablet but am still getting used to it. Not sure if I like it yet.

Quinn

Allison

I use the Logitech thumb trackball - my hand just covers it and the thumb falls naturally on the ball. I used to strain my arm and wrist but with this there is no sliding around.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk