Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default need some orientation...

Good evening, i need a 3d program easy to understand and to use, my goal is to make some simple objects like words, letters and little, simple objects. I have enough experience of 3d ambient and axis due to my work ( i project bathroom with a dedicated program).
    So if you can indicate some program, also free i'll appreciate very much...thankyou in advance.
    Paolo

Default Re: need some orientation...

Hello Paolo,

Blender is free and many excellent 3D images have been posted here at TG by members using the program.

http://www.blender.org/
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hello Paolo,

Blender is free and many excellent 3D images have been posted here at TG by members using the program.

http://www.blender.org/
    Many thanks Bill...i'll looking for it....

SUPER THANKYOU Bill, i got blender...i saw it's open source and there's a lot of helps in the site. i think you gave me the right direction. Bye

to really undestand how Blender works, you ca check the videos at Blender Underground ( http://blenderunderground.com/learning-blender-3d/ ) they are very helpful to get the hang of this wonderful program.

Dan
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

As always I would go with Wings3D for modeling concepts on the fly, Silo 3D if ya want to spend a tad of moola for a very decent modeling app with many extra important features... and we use Carrara Studio for scene building, fx, and rendering... also dabble with ZBrush...

I doubt there is much you couldn't do with any combination of the above mentioned apps... would certainly keep one busy for quite the while... hth's

This said we really haven't had much time to explore the latest conception of Blender... sounds promising...

There also should be considerations on what you want to do with 3D.
    Some programs are "modelers" and focus on building static 3D things, other programs include bones for animation and proper rendering.
    Some companies like to chop these up into smaller affordable cut-down versions.

So you really need to think about what you want to do with 3D, before making a choice that might be disappointing for you.

Hexagon is a great beginners modeler program, easy to use, has an ok UV and paint/brush-texturing... but no real rendering system or bone/animation.
    So if one purchased that with expectations of animating something, well I guess they would be out of luck.

Quite a few programs are good at one thing, and mediocre at others. Its always good to read the support/community forums on each application you are considering, and read what people like or find lacking.