Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: New to Xara

Default New to Xara

Although I have had Xara 4 for sometime and have a copy of Xara Xtreme 5: The Official Guide, I have just started exploring the software and book. On page 15 I tried to follow moving the Ghost into the Virtual Room, but although I have all the files mentioned I would appreciate a step by step, on how to get the ghost into the room, and and without the background. John
    IP

Default Re: New to Xara

Hi, John—

File>Import. In Xara 4, the shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+I, and they changed it in version 5 to Ctrl+Alt+I.

Then you choose the Ghost PNG file in the import dialog box. The bitmap image imports to the current layer and to the center of your view of the interface, onto the default page.

The other way to get bitmap files into a Xara document is to position Xara and the folder that contains the tutorial files next to one another on your Desktop. Then just drag the file into Xara's workspace, like the attachment here shows.

If you want to run the tutorial, you load the apartment Xara file (Ctrl+O, or File>Open), then do the same Import thing. The ghost will land on top of the apartment scene, as the figure shows in the book.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post right here or PM contact me, and thanks for adopting the book!

My Best,

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	you-drag.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	68178  
    IP