Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Red face Flash in Web Designer

HI, I hope I have this in the correct foum I am trying to use two images to build a flash image that changes or fades back and forth between the two images. Flash has never been clear to me. I have never been able to make one work. I have read over the instructions in the manual, but when I get my swf completed, one of the images shows up and where the other should be, there is just a white blank. I have tired checking and unchecking all the boxes in the layer menu and nothing seems to change.
    Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
    Val

Default Re: Flash in Web Designer

Hi Val,

Have a look at the Xara video regarding Flash
    http://cd.xara.com/xaracontent/us/flash.mp4

Hi Val,

Can you attach your .web file for the animation to a post?

Maybe the attached .web file will help you. It is the source for the swf animation shown in my post.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi,
    sorry about the delay in my response. life interupeted my web designing.
    I can not get the link to load so that I can study...plug in error, quicktime...but the picture posted below of the horses is exactly the idea of what I want to do. I already trashed my project as I was not able to make it produce so I can not post it.
    Thanks again for trying.
    Val

Hi Val,

I'm not following you about a quicktime error. Quicktime isn't required to see the flash animation, download the .web or the .swf file.

Although I know quicktime does replace all the animation and video programs installed on a system when you install it. That is one reason I avoid quicktime like it is N1H1.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Val is referring to the Xara .mp4 video file I linked in my previous post.

Alternatives to installing Apples QT bloat:

QT Alternative and Klite Basic

Media Player Classic and ZoomPlayer are capable of playing QuickTime files by using the QuickTime framework that gets installed by QuickTime Alternative. Other players require DirectShow filters to be able to play QuickTime files.

If you want to play QuickTime files in Windows Media Player or another DirectShow based player, then it is recommended to install the K-Lite Codec Pack. That contains all the DirectShow filters that are required to play QuickTime files.

HI,
    I have windows media player also. I clicked on the link in your post to play it. It tried to download it for the longest time. Finally it just came up with error. I even copied and pasted it into my own browser. It will not play. Once it came up with a bunch of symbols and signs, but noting else.
    Val

Windows Media Player is not the same as Media Player Classic.
    In any case, without the correct mpeg codecs installed to your system you will not be able to view it, hence my suggestion of the QT Alternative.

The Video files are Xara's own and are all available on thier Tutorials pages here
    http://www.xara.com/uk/products/xtre...emos/?tab=xara
    I simply pasted the direct link to the video which is relevant to your question.

Smile Re: Flash in Web Designer

Thank you!! Thank you!!
    I did download the altrernative. And found the tutorial demos. I had never been able to find all of those in the past. I think I can figure out flash from there for what I need at this point.
    Next question. What about audio...???
    Val

Audio is not possible with flash created with Xara Web Designer or Xara Xtreme.
    You will need to use something like Flash Slideshow MakerPro (no affiliation) to create slideshows with backing audio.