Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Web Designer, Frontpage 2003 and Coffeecup

I started out with Frontpage 2003 and used Webstyle 4 for dropdown menus. For some reason I started having problems adding to the dropdown menus and when I republished the web site the new dropdown menu didn't show and I lost all of the menus on my site. Because of this I started using WebDesign. I am still having difficulties understanding and making the dropdown menus with your new software. My web site may be too big and complicated to switch over www.businessvideolive.com and www.thetruthisinjesus.com to Web Designer. I am not getting the support I need to make this all happen. Is it possible someone could take control of my computer so we can figure this out?

I am now looking into CoffeeCup to see if this will solve my problems. I understand Microsoft does not support Frontpage 2003 anymore, and I'm not getting help from Webstyle 4. WebDesigner may be good for small web sites without large drop down menus, video's, pictures, etc.

Please advise as I don't want to spend a lot of time learning CoffeeCup and I didn't get my problems solved. I was also looking into Microsoft Expression.

Thank you,
    Sheila

because of all of the pictures and video's making the drop down menus which wouldn't using the dropdown menu with Webstyle and Ironically I s

Default Re: Web Designer, Frontpage 2003 and Coffeecup

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    I am still having difficulties understanding and making the dropdown menus with your new software.
    Sheila regular registered Talkgraphics members and moderators are not the producers of Xara Software.
    If you need to speak directly to Xara support about their software, please contact them.

Is it possible someone could take control of my computer so we can figure this out?
    All and any support provided by Talkgraphics members and Moderators is done so for the benefit of the many as well as the one
    In other words, all help and answers provided at Talkgraphics by members is kept in the public forums for others to benefit from as well as the OP.
    One-to-one support via email or PM's is strongly discouraged and RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) is absolutely not an option offered here.

I am now looking into CoffeeCup to see if this will solve my problems. I understand Microsoft does not support Frontpage 2003 anymore, and I'm not getting help from Webstyle 4.
    From what I have seen since you registered as a member, you have received a great deal of help and support from various members at Talkgraphics. With the creation of drop-down menus you have received more help than any other member I know of. I think you are being grossly unfair in your summing up of the help you have received here.
    I agree that sometimes software may not suit an individual so it is wise to try something that might work better for you. Good luck
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 01 November 2009 at 07:35 PM.

If you have had better luck with CoffeeCup and FrontPage then why switch?

You are looking for an easy solution and these are better solutions for you.

As for the free support offered in these forums, you get out of it what you are willing to put into it. When people give you good advice it is incumbent upon you to try to use the advice as best you can. It is free and more often than not, as good as or better than paid support. But you have to be willing to take the time to figure out how to do something on your own. That is absolutely the best way to learn. Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, etc.

Why are you coming down so hard on me? I am just trying to learn like everyone else. I am not a programmer but I did some beta site years ago on a word processing program. Sometimes people word problems differently and sometimes we still don't understand the answers, but eventually someone says it a different way and we find the solution.

I think XWD Web Designer is great program. I didn't get an answer whether Web Designer could handle many many dropdown menus, video's and photos.

I have never tried CoffeCup and Frontpage 2003 is not being supported anymore. I have spend countless hours on Web Designer trying to figure out dropdown menus. Even Suzzie 1234 posted on the forum Re: Leaving XWD because of Immense Frustration and spent over 80 hours on menus and paid outside people for assistance.

I appreciate all of the help I have been getting. I am a very persistant person so I will be still trying to learn XWD Web Design.

I appreciate your help.
    Sheila

XWD is a great program but menu generation is a real bottleneck so I tend to use third party software for that, googling "Easy Button and Menu Creator" might give you a pointer in that direction. This site is in progress: www.bostoninternet.co.uk/bq/index.htm and the menu works OK.

Having said that, there are so many links on your video site, I'd go for a very simple web database that would be searchable. If your host supports MySQL, it doesn't cost a lot to implement.
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

Thank you Woody for your input and support. I will check with the host to find out about MySQL - this may be way over my head but I can certainly check it out. By the way!! your web site looks great - I like the way you did your photo's. It would be great if XWD Web Design taught a course on-line.

Thanks,
    Sheila

It would be great if XWD Web Design taught a course on-line.
    Have you viewed the Xara produced tutorials Sheila?
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=41991

Thanks for your input Sledger. Yes, I viewed the tutorials several times and also printed out your manual. Actually I printed out the manual way back in March 09.

Sheila

Yes, I viewed the tutorials several times and also printed out your manual.
    Sheila, I am a user of Xara products just like you, I do not work for or am I associated with Xara Ltd in any commercial, professional or partner sense.
    Talkgraphics moderators are forum members and users of Xara software who share a common interest.

Sledger I appreciate all the hard work you did to help me and other Xara members. Without people like yourself we would really be at a loss with XWD. I know I will have several more questions. Thanks for patience.

Thanks,
    Sheila