Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why is XXP5 Spiking the CPU Usage?

If you want to bring Xara to its knees, use the panorama feature.

I have use a program like this for several years in my real estate work and never had a problem - I do assume, however, that the program was on their server and not on my computer.

I used the panorama in Xara for several days last month and if I did so about 5 times, Xara came to a complete stop and the error message was something about lack of memory - don't remember exactly. The only way was to close Xara from the task menu and start again.

Found that I could do maybe 4 panoramas at a time and them shut Xara down and start on the next group. Just closing each page as I finished did not solve the problem - guessing that Xara is not dumping the buffer when a page is closed or something along those lines.

I am on a Acer 2.2 machine with 4mb of memory. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

4mb of memory would certainly be a big problem for you Jeb.
    Likely you mean 4GB

Of course, a 32bit system cannot address that much memory - being around the 3.5GB give or take.
    If you are importing large images from a digital camera to create panorama - these jpegs are decompressed and held in memory during the time you are editing and creating the panorama. The result is re-compressed when you save it out as a final jpg.
    But remember that Xtreme saves bitmaps in the bitmap gallery, so if you finish with one panorama, delete everything off the page then import the next set of files, you are *adding* to the bitmap gallery more uncompressed data.
    Empty the bitmap gallery or start a new document to give some memory back to the system.

Hi A,

in typical "life" fashion, the file I referred to no longer demonstrates the crashing I experienced a few days ago - argh. I can scroll through the pages without any issue at all.

This leads me to believe it is a hardware or OS issue. I'm looking through other multipage files for any sign issues.

Thanks

G

Just bumping for some help

I was working XXP5 and I moved a text block off the side of the page. The entire app just crashed without warning.

Hi Sofa King. Try contacting Xara support as this appears to be isolated to your system.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

XARA Support, for the first time, has been no help at all. I just don't know what to do at this point.

I have the same problem. It doesn't happen all the time but if I move the pages around a lot scrolling up and down with my mouse I will get an error message and Xara will close. Sometimes it will just crash. I keep saving all the time but still a nuisance when it crashes...tao

HI Sofa King. We couldnt find the relevant ticket which you submitted to support regarding this problem. I will therefore send you a PM requesting the ticket number so we can investigate the problem further

Many thanks
    Bhavesh

This is the ticket info

This message is regarding your ticket ID #OQG-325246. We are changing the status of this ticket to 'Closed' as we have not received a response from you in 72 hours.