Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Are Xara supporting XWD?

So you just wanted to rant about the lack of development?
    John.
    IP

Remember there have been a lot of templates developed by other users:
    This thread alone has 196 posts since 14th March:
    Xara Web Designer Templates

However, there are also others.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    So you just wanted to rant about the lack of development?
    Something else this forum? I'm either unable to construct a question (funny how several understood what I was getting at) I'm a troll, or just here to rant.....any other insults you want to aim at me?

I'm having trouble understanding why so defensive about a product that has it's merits, is admittedly cheap, but clearly isn't going anywhere else unless a new version is in the works? As for templates I only asked about this because again this was highlighted at the time of my original purchase, in that this programme was supposed to replace webstyle 4 and template packs might become availabler in the future. Again, it doesn't look like this is the case!

All I wanted to know is, is Xara supporting XWD? (Because to the uneducated consumer (me) it doesn't look like they are?)

I think you've answered that ???

Jinker
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Remember there have been a lot of templates developed by other users:
    This thread alone has 196 posts since 14th March:
    Xara Web Designer Templates

However, there are also others.
    Thanks. I had seen that section and will have a good look to see what others are achieving.

Jinker
    IP

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Ok, here's the rumble: there will be Xtreme 6 !
    Please be calm and don't read any aggression into this post, as none is intended.

As to your question about XWD being supported, it was answered back in post number 4, and you still don't have it right. The quote above is from a Xara Developer. So while you might not be seeing any template packs comming available from Xara, there are several templates that you can download for free available on this forum (several created by me). And while you may not have seen any new releases in the past 6 months, you have it directly from the developers that there will be at least an Xtreme 6 (which is the same as XWD plus a few features).

That sounds like a supported product to me.

I hope that puts your mind at rest.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.
    IP

Eric

I appreciate your point about not considering your post aggressive, as you are clearly trying to bring clarity.

All I'm doing is trying to find out if this programme I paid good money for is going anywhere?
    Template packs? No! Updates to this version? No! Additional features added to this version? No!
    New version of XWD in the future? Possibly?

I have my answer about XWD being supported - time to move on

Thanks for replying.

Jinker
    IP

Jinker, what else are you expecting to find out on this forum? This is not a source of official information from Xara. No one here knows why there are no template packs or when there will be any new release from Xara and what will it be. And those who may know more, are not allowed to disclose.
    If you want some sort of definitive answers, please ask your questions to Xara support. That will bring much more attention from Xara to your fair complains regarding what have you spent your money for, than posting here and confusing some other users, who know generally not more than you, as to what exactly do you want from them.
    Alternatively, you may post your wishes and suggestions on the "Dear Xara" forum. That forum is periodically analyzed by Xara.
    Posting on other TG forums like this, will most likely end up unnoticed by anyone from Xara. Me including.
    John.
    IP

There's obviously something being lost in translation? What bit of "I have my answer" do you have a difficulty understanding? Also, time to move on was a big clue as well.......

So again, thanks for taking the time to post but as I said, I already had my answer? Not much else to add to that is there really?

Jinker
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 30 October 2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: No need to post preceding post
    IP

Hi Jinker,

The answer you have is a tainted one. On this site no-one knows the exact answer to any of those questions which is why it was suggested you go directly to Xara for the answers.

They will give you the 'official' answers.

Personally, I feel very well supported on every Xara product I use. Usually Xara will let you know by actually discontinuing the product when a new one is coming out. So far for XWD and Xtreme that hasn't happened so I would assume these are supported programs until further notice.

You can make educated guesses to what Xara is doing as can anyone else on the forum but really, that's all they are.....only Xara knows for sure...that's the right place to get the proper answer.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11
    IP