Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Extreme 5, and Web Designer?

Just a quick question, do I need both, or is Extreme 5 the same as Web Designer? I have already bought both, but if Extreme 5 will do the same thing as Web Designer, than I won't install both..

Michael

Default Re: Extreme 5, and Web Designer?

Xtreme (not Extreme) 5 has the same tools and web creation/export functions as Web Designer yes.

Is the only difference between Xara Xtreme 5 and Xara Web Designer the templates that can be downloaded? I can't seem to download any other templates than "Beta" in Xtreme 5. In the Trial version of Web Designer, I can see where the other templates are and I understand I have to purchase to download.

It just seems crazy to have to purchase a whole new program (which seems to be identical in every other way) just to get the templates.

Web Designer and Xara Xtreme are identical ONLY in the web export functions.
    Web Designer is a very much cut-down (subset) version of Xtreme which is Xara's flagship graphics/Illustration application similar to CoreDRAW.
    Both trial versions have trial templates which are downloadable.
    When you buy Xtreme you receive a CD which installs all of the templates that are supplied with Web Designer plus much more clipart, photo stock and fonts.
    When you buy WD, a template pack is available for download from your registered account area.

It just seems crazy to have to purchase a whole new program (which seems to be identical in every other way) just to get the templates.
    No, they are not identical in every other way.
    WD and Xtreme are totally different in every other way except WYSIWYG design/HTML export functions because WD was created as an entry level Web Design only application foe those who don't need the power of a full featured graphics/illustration package.

Smile Re: Extreme 5, and Web Designer?

Thanks Sledger,

I didn't realize the CD had additional graphics and templates. I was still using my downloaded version of Xtreme 5. I re-installed from the disc and WALA! here is all the cool stuff I was looking for.

Thanks again for replying to my post.