Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Publishing errors

Guys, sorry to interupt... but just got signed in and dont know where to put down my question..

I have a problem with my xtreme webdesigner 5 .. making the page was fun and easy, great program.. but after I filled in the right username and password so i can upload to my ftp server, i cant publish it..

it says "index_htm_files: permission denied" ..

No I've tried to change the file name, checked my password and username, my internet connection, copying the Index page to another file but cannot publish from there.. So, im gettin really desperate ... Can someone please help me out????

Thanks!

Default Xtreme Webdesigner Error

I have a problem with my xtreme webdesigner 5 .. making the page was fun and easy, great program.. but after I filled in the right username and password so i can upload to my ftp server, i cant publish it..

it says "index_htm_files: permission denied" ..

No I've tried to change the file name, checked my password and username, my internet connection, copying the Index page to another file but cannot publish from there.. So, im gettin really desperate ... Can someone please help me out????

Thanks!

Default Re: Publishing errors

Welcome to TG Billy,

I have moved your posts to the correct forum for Web related questions.

Also, could you clarify exactly which software are your are actually using?
    Xtreme Web Designer isn't quite correct.
    Xara Xtreme 5 or Xara Web Designer?

Publishing errors such as you have described usually result due to an error with your username and/or password logon to that server.
    Check your details are correct and try again.
    If you are using your ISP account provided web space, check with them that it is enabled.
    If the host is for your registered domain, check the default upload folder (often it is /public_html/)

Hi Sledger,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually it is for my registered domain (my company). And the software is called Xtreme Web Designer 5 from Magix, you can google it. So, my password and username are correct. I can log in with them on some other ftp programs so i checked them.. but they dont work on Xtreme .. it is keep telling me that there is some error but cant really find the problem..

Thanks for the clarification. My mistake. This is primarily a Xara software forum, MAGIX software support is available at their own site.
    However, although I haven't seen the MAGIX version, the similarities should be enough and the publishing system should be the same.
    Have you checked your firewall permissions for the Magix software?
    Also, please see this thread:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=37839

Billy, you say you've got access to an ftp program. Try creating an empty index_htm_files file in your root public_html folder. It could be that your server objects to creating files from new. Just a thought.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

A 'permission denied' error indicates that an ftp connection has been established but the server does not recognise your permission to create a new sub folder.

This has nothing to do with the program being used to establish the ftp connection. If it were the error would be 'timeout error' or 'connection denied', or 'failed to connect'.

Anytime you receive a 'permission denied' error you should contact your web host about getting the permissions setup correctly.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Cheers for that clarification Bill. I learn something new everyday. Just that these days I forget more than I learn
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Welcome to TG Billy,

I have moved your posts to the correct forum for Web related questions.

Also, could you clarify exactly which software are your are actually using?
    Xtreme Web Designer isn't quite correct.
    Xara Xtreme 5 or Xara Web Designer?

Publishing errors such as you have described usually result due to an error with your username and/or password logon to that server.
    Check your details are correct and try again.
    If you are using your ISP account provided web space, check with them that it is enabled.
    If the host is for your registered domain, check the default upload folder (often it is /public_html/)
    In most FTP clients there is an option to choose which folder you want to upload into. But Xara seems to keep it simple. I tried adding the/public_html/ behind and in front of the ftp.mywebsite.com and still no go.
    Opening the xara web in Dreamweaver was no good because it left one of the inscription of the button unreadable. At the server control panel, I saw the webpages, but when I tried to put them into the public_html folder, it left bits and pieces behind.

Quote Originally Posted by werkzeug View Post
    I tried adding the/public_html/ behind and in front of the ftp.mywebsite.com and still no go.
    Yes that is quite wrong, you need to add /public_html/ to the Sub-folder (optional) field.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	public_html.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.5 KB 
ID:	69451