Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default "Line" on edge of clipped view on export

The attached .xar file is a sample button. When I select all and clip then export the attached .png file is the result. My problem is that I inevitably get a 1px wide discoloration on the edge of the .png image. This looks sloppy in the final web site since this button is over a background which matches the button background. Is there a setting or technique to deal with this issue.
    thanks as always,
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: "Line" on edge of clipped view on export

Hi John,

I have moved your thread the the web related forums for Web Designer and Xtreme.

Without looking at your file - typically if you do not have you page and ruler units set to pixels, your grid spacing set to pix and grid snapping on, you will end up most often with a non-whole pixel size or position on the canvas. This will generally cause an unwanted edge to your bitmap exports.

Yes that's all that's causing it. The clip view is in whole pixels but the clip itself is on fractions of the X & Y co-ordinates.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The X & Y co-ordinates were never a problem on exporting images pre XX5, they didn't suffer from these misshapen edges, but XX5 does. Now it's a must to set the shape on whole pixel X & Y positions too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	png.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	66938  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I guess I set my rulers on 100pix with 100 sub-divisions and watch my sizes or enter integer values. I'm not thrilled with that, but at least I understand it.