Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: 22nd October - W7 Day

Hi,
    I bit the bullet and upgraded to Windows 7. I messed up slightly (but not a catasrophe). My question is when you run a programs setup file do you run it as Adminstrator or wait till the programs is installed then run the program as adminisrtator?
    Or does it matter?
    JimM

My question is when you run a programs setup file do you run it as Adminstrator
    Which program setup file Scotty?

Legacy software which needs to write settings to the Windows registry during the setup will need to be run as admin and possibly even compatibility mode.
    W7's security features are similar to Vista, so older software must be permitted to write it's registry keys.

Hi Steve,
    It was just a general question really...I have spent the better part of yesterday installing my programs and was just curious as to whether it made a difference in the actual programs 'rights' so far I have been right clicicking and using run as administrator option and thought that if I use the run as adminisrttor for the 'Setup' program if that would save the right click 'run as administrator option...no big deal I guess.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I did make a 'boo-boo' and used a restore option done by Acronis True-Image 10, and now I have to clean-up some programs that run under my old systems 'user' thingy.
    JimM

I've ended up installing my ancient Norton File Manager as the search is more reliable...

And teetering on the brink with reinstating XnView as Windows Live Photo Gallery is too slow to load....
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

For file searches I can't go past Everything. It's insanely fast.

I don't like any of the Windows Live apps, I only use Windows Live Messenger because of certain contacts who won't move to GoogleTalk.