Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navigation Bar

Default Navigation Bar

I never received an answer to my Threads on August 10, and 14th. Sledger moved my Thread from Web Designer to Webstyle. I still have not heard from anyone, the problems still exists.

When I updated my navigation bar on www.businessvideolive.com the save button is grayed out but I still did a save and the name appeared on the menu bar. I uploaded the site to GoDaddy and was asked if I wanted my index files replaced and I said yes. After uploading I lost all of my index files on the navigation bars and none of the material was uploaded to the new menu bar. I redid this several times and got the same results. I had to do a restore to a previous date in order to retrieve my navigation bars. I have several updates to the navigation bar with new material and I don't know what to do?

Please advise,
    Thank you
    Sheila

Default Re: Navigation Bar

I forgot to mention where the problem exists - under www.businessvideolive.com under Categories A-E
    Category C
    Court Reporters A Thing Of The Past? the menu shows up but says page not found after I upload the page several times. Can you please advise as to what I should do to fix this problem.

Thank you,
    Sheila

Hey Sheila

How do you make the drop down buttons?

Doc

I did my dropdown menu in Webstyle 4. I was adding another dropdown menu Are Court Reporters a Thing of the Past? When I added the dropdown I clicked save but the save and edit was grayed out but I still clicked save. The menu appeared on the navigation bar but when I went to publish the new index page the navigation bars were gone. I had to do a restore to an older date. I don't understand why my new page came up "not found". If you have any suggestions please let me know?

Thank you,
    Sheila

Can you post the WebStyle files so we can look at them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    When I updated my navigation bar ... the save button is grayed out but I still did a save...
    Sheila if the Save button is grayed out you cannot save. Clicking the grayed out button does not perform any action.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    and the name appeared on the menu bar. I uploaded the site to GoDaddy and was asked if I wanted my index files replaced and I said yes. After uploading I lost all of my index files on the navigation bars and none of the material was uploaded to the new menu bar.
    Did you not test your pages before uploading them to your site?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

How do you post the webstyle files? I am leaving for San Francisco tomorrow and won't be back until October 23th. I may not be near a computer to do a Q&A. I would appreciate any help you can give me as I am unable to add any menus to the web site because after I publish the index all of the menus are gone.

How do you save the project if the area is grayed out? When I add the new menu it saves but when I try to save to the project it's grayed out, how do you get the project to save? and when I publish the menu bars are gone and I have to do a restore?

I would appreciate if I can get some help so I can continue to add to my web sites.

Thanks,
    Sheila

Sheila,
    Please review the Forums FAQs area for commonly asked questions.
    In this case, how to upload/attach an image to post.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=40531

Note that the process is the same for any file type you wish to attach,
    File types which are not listed in the attachment manager can be zipped and then attached to a post.

Talkgraphics does expect members to have basic computer knowledge and web skills so the the task of assisting with questions about Xara software and graphics oriented help can proceed without having to go over fundamentals before the actual question can be addressed.

Sledger I thought I had some basic knowledge of skills on the computer and web. I took two courses in HTML, Microsoft Frontpage 1 and 2, a few courses in Adobe along with other software like Pinnacle, muvee, nero, conversions etc. plus other classes.

I have been successful submitting attachments in WebDesign. This is the first time I have asked how to do an attachment in Webstyle 4. I have Webstyle 4on the desktop and when I click on it I see several of my projects I have done with Webstyle 4. How do I attach the project I am having problems with BVL - dropdown menus?

I am looking forward to your help.
    Thank you,
    Sheila

Hi Sheila, you can add your files to a zip and attach it to your post.
    The forum size limit for zip is 2mb - if your files exceed this limit, you can split them across two zip files.