Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: CMYK export

Hi all.

I've been hanging around these forums for a while now and decided it was time to join! I've moved back to the PC from another platform and XaraX is my choice for vector graphics.

Soon I will need to create some graphics that will need to be exported in vector format into Page Plus 9. I think that will mean I need EPS.

My question is, does XaraX export in EPS in CMYK colour mode?

I followed some of the previous CMYK discussions, but I am not sure if this was covered. I don't want to print a XaraX file as such, but design graphics in XaraX, export in CMYK vector and import into Page Plus 9 to incorporate into a final layout.

If this is impossible, I'll have to buy Illustrator, which would be a great shame!!

Thanks in advance.

Hi all.

I've been hanging around these forums for a while now and decided it was time to join! I've moved back to the PC from another platform and XaraX is my choice for vector graphics.

Soon I will need to create some graphics that will need to be exported in vector format into Page Plus 9. I think that will mean I need EPS.

My question is, does XaraX export in EPS in CMYK colour mode?

I followed some of the previous CMYK discussions, but I am not sure if this was covered. I don't want to print a XaraX file as such, but design graphics in XaraX, export in CMYK vector and import into Page Plus 9 to incorporate into a final layout.

If this is impossible, I'll have to buy Illustrator, which would be a great shame!!

Thanks in advance.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Michael,

yes, Xara X exports fine to *.eps, except for bitmaps. As long as you will stick to vector, there are no obstacles.
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Excellent. For some reason I had got the impression CMYK .EPS export would be impossible. This is good news. Thanks for the reply.