Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Page Orientation

Dear Xara,
    I am a lazy person! I would like to have a keyboard shortcut or even better a file icon so that I can easily change the page orientation around with a quick command or a click with a mouse. Is that possible please!
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: Page Orientation

Using the system that's already there you can:
    ALT/F (opens File menu)
    G (Page Options)
    Alt/P (Portrait) (or L for Landscape)
    ENTER

ALT/F - G - ALT/P - ENTER

a lot of steps but it does do the job
    -=Bob=-

Now that we have 'drag-resizing', would live rotate be too silly to ask

Also right-clicking on the white page itself brings up a menu with page options right there.
    -=Bob=-

Switching portrait to landscape is easy enough to manage generally by a number of different routes to the same dialogue box. What I think would be more useful, as previously mentioned, is the interactive ability to rotate the page to make drawing a little more natural, particularly with a graphics tablet. If that were to be included then setting angle constraints so as to provide another way of switching landscape to portrait would surely be a small thing.
    However if we are going all ‘wish list’ for the next version, (which must be due soon as its been several weeks now since 5 came out),then I would still like to see automatic leaders to tab stops and there are a couple of other things I thought of the other day which temporarily escape me but I’m sure will come to me in due course.
    Derek

Bob I knew about most of those shortcuts but I am a really lazy person. Thanks for the Alt P/L ones I didn't know about those. Wouldn't it be nicer & cleaner just to have a small icon which you could click?
    Design is thinking made visual.

Masque, you brought up an intesting point about rotating for convience on tablet. In that context, I think there neds to be a mode for this so the the objects can maintain their relative positions but centered on the page rather to a corner. This may not work for all layout and would net to be option.