Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Such a Heartbreak - 'read error' again

Neither Bill nor I work with or for Xara Group Ltd.
    XaReg is a 'user' created utility, not a Xara one.

I wasn't suggesting that you or Bill work for Xara but I assume that someone at Xara occassionally reads this forum so my hope was that they might pick up the problems and incorporate the fix in the next release. It does seem to be a fairly widespread problems that is causing people a lot of aggro.

The backup feature has been available in current and previous versions of Xtreme for sometime, though it requires enabling in the registry.
    Bill's XaReg utility just allows easier access to settings which are already present.

Yes, Xara are aware of XaReg and the often requested autobackup feature from directly withing the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Peebs24 View Post
    I agree whole heartedly!! Everytime I have had the problem - many, many times - it has always been while I was using the text tool and changing fonts. I now try to avoid the problem but every now and again I forget and CRASH!!!! Most annoying and something that Xara should look into QUICKLY!!
    I am puzzled. You complain here in the forum, but as far as I can see we have no failure report in our bugs database. Without there being one this will never ever be fixed.

If you encounter errors and you want us to fix them may I kindly suggest that you let us know about them? The absolute minimum we need are the error messages that are displayed. Plus, if you supplied us with anything allowing us to reproduce the error (e.g., a test file plus step by step instructions to trigger the fault), then that would help enormously.

Quote Originally Posted by southwestg View Post
    We have 3 computers all using Xara pro5 and have the same problem. We have lost tens of hours of work. Now we not only save regularly, but backup x3 all files! We have a list of error messages. I'm Xtremely cautious now
    I would be very interested in these error messages. Please post them here or send me a message.