Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Set page to transparent

Xara Xtreme Pro 5 - how do you set the page to transparent?

Default Re: Set page to transparent

Why?

Hans

why do you want to do this? [I see Hans has beat me to that ]

in xtreme 'the page' is simply a boundary that equates to the printable area, it does not 'exist as an object or 'thing'

would using layers achieve what you need?

FYI you can use a background layer which is not exportable or printable if you wish to place reference material without it being part of the drawing itself
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

There is no transparency setting for the page in Xtreme because it isn't needed. Being a vector program, all objects created are naturally transparent outside their boundaries. You can add transparencies to each object with the transparency tool. You could draw a rectangle over the whole page area, fill it with any colour and apply various transparencies to the rectangle, I suppose.
    Attached is a graphic drawn at the bottom right of the page which overlaps onto the rest of the workspace.
    The top star is transparent outside of its boundary. The bottom star has had a linear transparency applied to its shape.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	transparency.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	66029  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hello Jamie

I think you are referring to something like how Photoshop would do this.

This matters if you wish to export an image as a bitmap with a transparent background.

There are several bitmap options that support transparent backgrounds including: GIF, 8-bit PNG, 24-bit PNG, and Photoshop PSD.

To export an image with a transparent background, select the objects only and not an rectangular background object. And then export in one of these file formats. If the image will appear over a colored background, such as for a web page, place a larger colored rectangle behind the object or objects but select only the objects. Xtreme will anti-alias (smooth) the edges of the objects to the background color.

You can make a tile and CTRL drag it from the fill gllery to the page. Just makes the page appear different.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Page.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	66034  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Hello Jamie

I think you are referring to something like how Photoshop would do this.
    This is exactly right and what I wanted to know. Thanks everyone, I should have given more details about what I was trying to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by molucca View Post
    You can make a tile and CTRL drag it from the fill gllery to the page. Just makes the page appear different.

Rich
    How exactly do you do this? I tried adding a transparent.png file to the fills gallery, but I noticed you can only add .jpg´s.
    I´m interested in the transparent background, because I want to use it in a webpage, where I embed a page in a placeholder object. The problem is I always get a white background colour, which basically looks like s**t.

Thanks in advance.

The page doesn't become transparent. You can drag colors from the color line or fill gallery to change its color. If you want a transparent graphic, then you need to export with an alpha channel. If you export in true color, you will get white.

I have lots of transparent fills in the fill gallery. If you used one, the page would have the fill color with the white of the page.

Take a look at the export options. I only use the checkered page to illustrate what I'm doing at times.

Rich

So in other words, what I´d like to do can´t be done Just my luck. Oh well