Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hello

You should also find that the image is also offset upward slightly. It has been a problem for some time. I think that it has something to do with the bounds. Try exporting a image with a shadow. It is always greater than the shadow bound.

Mike Engles

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    He he Thanks Alex and the rest of you!

It looks as I have to stick with a rectangle
    under my illustration for a while!

I hope the Xara folks reads this forum
    since I think it should be a quite easy task
    to fix!

Again thank you all!

/Roland

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> JRayner: I never realized "jpgs pad and eps truncates fractions of a pixel". Thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't believe that Xara really truncates the image, John (either Rayner or Clements--take your pick). But as you cannot have a fraction of a pixel—a pixel is the smallest element you can have in a bitmap, if the image size is of a fractional pixel, Xara will attempt to indicate this by smoothing a line of pixels, attempting to blend the line of pixels to the background. This is more obvious if the fractional amount is closer to 30-70%.

Gary

I do not use eps, so I have no idea to besure. I was just trying to restate axec's observation. I do know that xara does pad .jpgs tho...

John,

It will be better to me to make some illustrations. I am not very good in English, sorry http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif I'll try to do this in a few days, too busy to do it now.

I noticed a lond time ago similar problem with exporting raster files from Illustrator, so I always use their "crop marks" function to avoid cutting edges.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Hi Roland
    My Xara/photoshop workflow is much the same as yours. The key here is to fool Xara's eps function into seeing a "larger" object on export to avoid this clipping. My solution has been to add a vertical line to the right of your object that slightly exceeds the height(top and bottom)of your export object. REMOVE the line colour attributes of this line and be sure to select both objects before your export. I know this isn't a true fix but it eliminates the need to erase or mask/delete extra stuff like your "rectangle" in photoshop because once the object is placed/entered there,.. the extra line is gone.

Wayne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aa.gif 
Views:	161 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	5337