Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

problem is john I can't save because it closes down...I am on XP pro. I just made a cicular transparence in one window and in another a flat transparence. I then cascaded the windows and dragged the circular across..same thing Access violation etc close down...derek is having the same thing maybe he is using XP pro to..It may change when I get the CD but it is a bug for sure..tao

Hi Tao,

I have been using XP Pro for about 2 years now and have not had any issue with any version of Xara X so I don't think it's XP. Have you attemtped to uninstall Xara X1 and reinstall it?? The movies are not supposed to uninstall if you have downloaded any so that should not be a worry. If you have concerns for created templates, brushes or the movies then back them up and drop them back into the folders when your all re-installed.

Do you have the newest download (May 12th) or the May 7th download?? There were a few bug fixes since the May 7th download.
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Then may I suggest uninstalling the current version, back up what you need to and then download and install the newer version?? I'm not saying it will fix every thing but it's worth a shot. What you and Derek are experiencing is not normal behavior.

There are also system hardware (mother board, RAM, video cards and even the processors) that may play into how Xara X1 runs and what errors and problems each person experiences.

One more thing, please make sure your system has an up to date version of XML on board. I had posted a way to update this in another thread but I will post it here for you and Derek as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>OK, I got a fix for this one that I posted above.

If you are running WinXP you won't need to update the Windows Installer, if you are running Win2000 or below then you will need to update this program. Go to this address: Windows Installer 2.0 page

Download and install the InstMsiW.exe file (1781 Kb size) all the way down towards the bottom of the page.

Reboot the computer and the go to this page: MSXML4

Towards the bottom of the page "Files in this Download" click on the msxml.msi (file size: 5166 Kb) and then when the download dialog pops up....

In Mozilla choose: Open it with the default application (Msi)
    In Internet Explorer choose the Open button.

Once the download is complete just let the Wizard walk you through the installation process. I read out on the web that installing the SDK option (which is turned off by default) is a good idea, I believe it takes care of the GDI+ option, so I turned it on.

Reboot the computer once again and there you go!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I have just DL the may 12th X1 and that has fixed the cascade window problem...I retried the browser preview in firefox 0.8 and still no go. It works okay in Mozilla 1.8. I will just stick with mozilla 1.8 as default broswer...ta tao

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

That is why we are trying to duplicate the bugs. To rule out anything that might not be a bug. Charles and crew should be working on real bugs, not phantoms. I can spare a few moments chasing a phantom, to save xara a few hours chasing a none existent bug.
    John/DOT

Browser Preview STILL doesn't work with Opera (any version).

Reason? As I've explained before to Xara, the URL which is exported for the temporary local file is invalid[1]. It is of the form:

file://c|/DOCUME~1/ThisUser/LOCALS~1/Temp/xar3A4C.htm

Now, if Internet Explorer is the default browser, it actually changes the URL to:

C:\Documents and Settings\ThisUser\Local Settings\Temp\xar3A4C.htm

If Mozilla-based browsers are the default, they also displays the exported file although they change the URL to:

file:///c|/DOCUME~1/ThisUser/LOCALS~1/Temp/xar3A4C.htm

before they display it.

However, if Opera is the default browser, it makes no modifications to the URL and thus cannot resolve it.

If Xara exported the URL in the RFC-standard form of:

file:///c:/DOCUME~1/ThisUser/LOCALS~1/Temp/xar3A4C.htm

that would mean that ALL browsers could find the URL.

--- Footnote --------
    1. By 'invalid', I mean that it directly contravenes RFC 1738 - the Internet Standard on Uniform Resource Locators (URL), which says:

"A file URL takes the form:
    file://<host>/<path>
    where
    <host> is the fully qualified domain name of the system
    on which the <path> is accessible, and
    <path> is a hierarchical directory path of the form
    <directory>/<directory>/.../<name>."

It also says:

"As a special case, <host> can be the string "localhost" or the empty string; this is interpreted as `the machine from which the URL is being interpreted'."

So, from Xara, either:

file:///c:/DOCUME~1/ThisUser/LOCALS~1/Temp/xar3A4C.htm

or:

file://localhost/c:/DOCUME~1/ThisUser/LOCALS~1/Temp/xar3A4C.htm

would be correct.

-----End (pedantic) Footnote-----

Hello

I see the same problem in XP pro. Offset violation and Xarax closes. It happens when you try and drag a object between windows.
    Cannot get a screen grab. These are the numbers 0xFEFFF000
    Also if I save a file in X1 and try and open in X I get a message
    see Error.jpeg

I use XP pro and the SP1 update.

Mike Engles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	11807  

Hello

Got it. It seems to happen with coloured objects. Black objects are fine.
    It does not matter if they are transparent.

Mike Engles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drag.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	14069