Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Hi to anyone that remembers me, good to know you are all still helping each other. I have a problem with the browser preview jpeg and gif, sometimes it works but most of the time when I click the browser preview button it takes me to http://www.irmt.org/download/DOCUME~1/
    which I haven't got a clue about.
    I am using Firefox 8. Xara X works okay but X1 not...thanks taojones

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hello Tao Jones,

welcome back, it has been a very long time since I have seen any of your posts here abouts.

I tried to duplicate your failure, but had no luck at all. It ran correctly each and every time, no matter what setting I chose. Would you be able to give us a screen shot of the dialog that you use to call this bad preview? yopu know there is 7 different ways to do anything in software.
    John/DOT

hi john, thanks it must be a bug in firefox 8 it is now doing it in xara x..same web page as before. I have cleaned out firefox history etc but it stll goes to that URL...strange, tao

Thanks Richard - I have found that it will not turn on, or off. Whatever I do The control line is gone unless I stop moving it. I am finding this very unhelpful.
    Ahh, though I would have a further play before I posted and made a fool of myself - now my control bar is there, and very important, the nounding circle for circular fills - and no amount of tabbing will turn it off. Is there a way of setting a default for this does anyone know?

two windows open cascade view dragging an object from one window to the other I get 'Access violation exception at offset OXFEFFFOOO' xara closes down lose all work. Has happened twice..just tried it again no go same thing...tao

I get the same thing happening if it's anything other than a simple shape. Use transparancy, a fill (or both) then access violation, all shut down.

derek

Hi James,

Xara X1 is supposed to remember the new settings for each document. So if you turn off the "Real Time" option then it should stay off when you re-open the project file. Either hit the tab key once or double click on the little blue icon down in the task bar next to the little magnet icon (screen right).

Hey Tao,

Long time. Hope all is well in your world?!? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

I don't run Firebird but I run it's big brother Mozilla 1.7 and there is no an issue with being transferred to that directory. Don't know what that page is and I think Charles should have a look at this one. He's been working on weekends so hopefully he will see this.

As for the Access Violation I have tried arranging multiple windows evey which way and dragging a created object (rectangle, flat bevel, default shadow and linear transparency applied) back and forth over each window with it copy/pasting itself each time and there is not even one flutter much less an Access Violation.

Could either you or Derek post a file that has this going on and I'll test it to see if I can reproduce the error??

Thanks! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi richard, just tried again with two windows open dragging a transparency from one window to the other and xara x1 just shuts down...works perfect in xara x... must be a bug,,tao

hi richard I just changed my browser to mozilla and x1 works in that in broswer preview. So it is an issue with firefox0.8...tao

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hello Tao,

Tried myself to duplicate your fail. Tried flat fill, transparency, linear transparency, bitmap, bitmap linear transparency all dragged and dropped between cascaded file just fine.

Can you post a copy of a file that crashes here so we can verify the fault on more than one machine. Gotta make sure windows isn't doing something strange on your machine that it is not doing on ours.

I am running Xp home and no problems, can not duplicate fail.
    John/DOT