Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CoffeeCup web form issue

Hi,

This is my second site using xara and it all is going smoothly except this form thing. I love the form builder but where the form should show it just says "form object".

I uploaded the contact form as it's own folder and called it contactform, I also uploaded the pieces individually.

Does any one have any ideas on how to make this work?

here is the page:

rockawayfamilyandkids.com/contact%20us.htm

Default Re: CoffeeCup web form issue

This is a CoffeeCup issue rather than a XWD one yes?

Have you uploaded the CoffeeCup files:

contactform.swf
    contactform.xml
    swfobject.js

Yes, but I came here since I know people have experience with it. I uploaded those files but I'm thinking maybe I uploaded them in the wrong place?

kate

Does Coffee Cup offer a simpler script? I use EMail Me Form which generates a simple script that I copy and paste into a placeholder object. E-Mail Me Form allows you up to 5 free scripts, or at least they used to. I think they may charge a very nominal amount now if you want to copy the script code, a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by katecj View Post
    I uploaded those files but I'm thinking maybe I uploaded them in the wrong place?
    The files will need to be placed in the root folder of your website and not in the subfolder named index_htm_files.
    In other words, in the same directory as index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    kate

Does Coffee Cup offer a simpler script? I use EMail Me Form which generates a simple script that I copy and paste into a placeholder object. E-Mail Me Form allows you up to 5 free scripts, or at least they used to. I think they may charge a very nominal amount now if you want to copy the script code, a few bucks.
    I'm not sure of the script they use. They have this generator thing and the forms are kind of fancy and then you hit upload and get the files and the code. I'm just using the trial version but I like it and may buy it, if I need more forms and if I can figure this out.

If my suggestion for file relocation does not help you have a look here.

you have to copy and paste the html script they give you in a placeholder in xara then put all the files with the index html file as sledger says.

The xara file must be exported as webpage for you to see it in xara. Check by going to you folder and opening your index.html in your browser. You should then see the contact form..roger

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    kate

Thank you for that. I just put that in and it looks great! I just need to test it.

And it does work, thanks again for all the help!
    Last edited by katecj; 15 September 2009 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    If my suggestion for file relocation does not help you have a look here.
    Thank you,I'll bookmark this. But I'm going to use the emailmeform this time.