Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I don't know how many hours of my life would have been saving with this very sensible addition to Xara - I mean how hard could this be to develop - forgod's sake. And sensible with the number of times it crashes - at least 3 or 4 times a day for me!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

James,
    LogoVend.com
    -------------

I don't know how many hours of my life would have been saving with this very sensible addition to Xara - I mean how hard could this be to develop - forgod's sake. And sensible with the number of times it crashes - at least 3 or 4 times a day for me!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

James,
    LogoVend.com
    -------------

Dear LogoVend,

as you're new to this forum we'll forgive you for not following the logical step: if you'd have searched the forum (The Find tab on top of the page) you would have found some threads about this subject.

I've found a tool which does just what you ask and better still, it's freeware.

The thread where I mentioned it is located at: http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...296#3701901296
    the freeware autosave can be downloaded from:
    http://www.poromenos.org/saver.exe

I know of two apps that will do this, one by John Covener(sp?) and the other by Dmitry. Look for posts within the last couple months by either of these fine gentlemen and find some really nice apps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> And sensible with the number of times it crashes - at least 3 or 4 times a day for me!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I'd consider that quite unusual, and recommend you look into resolving that somehow. That's rediculous.

Perhaps you're having a graphics driver conflict or some bug related issue. Perhaps an unInstall & reInstall would help.

John Horn's XetupX, which is available in the Xara Xone Shareware Page can make automatic backups.

Gary

"I'd consider that quite unusual" - Mark

He could have been pushing the envelope for a few days... Whenever I try to push xara beyond it's limits it starts to crash pretty regularly.
    It all depends on what he was doing. James seems like he would be able to push xara beyond it limits. If Simon had multple crashes, then a reinstall would definenly be called for.

Dudes - thanks for your help, I'll take a look at those programs and yeah I thrash the the hell out of Xara and my machine every day of the week - I have about 3,500 fonts installed on my machine usually have loads of apps open as well Photoshop, Flash sometimes, Image Ready sometimes, music running.

LogoVend,
    How do you cope with having 3,500 fonts on your pc?
    Holding them inside the fonts folder makes my PC very slow... I had about a 1000 and since I've deleted the majority of it my pc runs smoother...

Anyone knows of a way not to keep the fonts inside the windows' fonts folder and still keep them at standby?

Run a font manager program. There is or was a post around here lately that dealt with problems with those programs.