Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Anchor points

Default Anchor points

Hi all,

first of all, please excuse my english.
    I searched the whole forum for an answer, but couldnīt find one for my problem.
    I cannot find any possibility to connect to points with line. For example, I create a square with the shape editor tool with four points. Now I want to connect two of these points with a diagonal line. I tried everything, but find no way to make it work.
    Is there any simple way to create this line?

Thanks in advance...

Default Re: Anchor points

Welcome to TalkGraphics

There is nothing wrong with your English. It is very good.

If you create a closed shape, then you cannot really attach another line to the existing outline.

If you want to join two lines, select both lines, switch to the Shape Editor Tool, and click and drag from one control point to a control point on the other path.

If you have an open path (a path instead of a closed shape such as a rectangle or a circle), then select the path, select the Shape Editor Tool, click on an end control point, and continue to draw.

If it's just the vector shape you're after (with diagonal line), you could just align then group perhaps?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raketenaugust.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	65548

Thanks a lot for your answers,

sledgers pic described exactly what I meant. So I thought there was a way without creating an additional line to join these points. I actually have to work with Xara at work, but had to work with Illustrator before, where that was just one click.

Thank you very much for your help...