Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Just been thinking about the upcoming release of a XaraX patch and recalled something I did a while back to better manage larger files and/or memory.

It involved editing a file or maybe renaming of two files to swap their use.

Does anyone of you old farts remember this way back when? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

I'd just like to see this make it into the next patch. Perhapes Charles Moir could respond?
    The BEST is good enough!

Just been thinking about the upcoming release of a XaraX patch and recalled something I did a while back to better manage larger files and/or memory.

It involved editing a file or maybe renaming of two files to swap their use.

Does anyone of you old farts remember this way back when? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

I'd just like to see this make it into the next patch. Perhapes Charles Moir could respond?
    The BEST is good enough!

See this page.

Jonathan

Yep!... that's it alright. Thanks

I just hope someone from Xara reads this and does not let this drop off of the table of things to do.

As I review this original thread from 2001, Mark Goodall from Xara said he/they would look into it. I don't know if Mark is still their or not.
    The BEST is good enough!

As you will have seen, if you've read through the list of new features, that the new X1 upgrade does now support 16k pixel image width and height directly.

It's not possible to scale very small objects up to this size, but any image over about 400 pixels wide can be exported and have its size set to to 16,000 pixels max. BEWARE though this creates truly huge files and will take a long time to export. 1 Gbyte of RAM is recommended if you're creating images of this size.