Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Someone wanna ink me?

I dont know if i can post this, but i didnt read nutting against it in the thread rules, so here it is, a page of a comic that i will never finish, if someone has the time and wants to ink this at Xara, it would be AWESOMEEEEE. Thanks for watching, and comments will always be important for my improvement. Greetings from Tijuana Mexico.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ink_Me_Please___Coloreame_by_Turoks.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	64563  

Question Re: Someone wanna ink me?

Quote Originally Posted by Turoks View Post
    .. if someone has the time and wants to ink this at Xara, it would be AWESOMEEEEE.
    Are you requesting that a Xara employee finish some work for you?

Why should they (or anyone else for that matter) do this for you? Is this really your work? Looks a little blurry for something you would have drawn at much higher quality.

Please give a reason why you'd like someone to complete work that you can't finish yourself?

You might not have read it explicitly in the Forum Rules and although I can't speak for Xara staff, TalkGraphics does not do 'freebies' - sorry.

Default Re: Someone wanna ink me?

looks like a zine [comic book] page to me - are there others, why just this one?

a lot of work here to finish this

@SLEDGER - Steve, it look blurry because it is pencilling [or equivalent ] - hence the request to 'ink', ie put in the black lines; and then color....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks Steve - I know what Inking implies

yes I am sure you do, just 'filling in the detail' [] for those who may not

touchy Beings these Divine Masters it would seem BTW
    Nothing lasts forever...

.......I have no idea whether the protagonist in the drawing is meant to be a 'divine master' [of whatever type as there are many] or not, and in any case my Spanish is pretty ropey , so I could have got it wrong

In other words - I have no real idea of the mood or the setting or the direction in which this piece goes - what the atmosphere is

All these things would make it very difficult to render it well

Still it is not actually that difficult a technique - I did the attached just to practice a couple of things - its all vector, the lines in epression 3 [but you could use another program], and the coloring in xtreme

yes I know the inking is a bit rough and ready - I did not spend too much time on it you understand

if you want to give it a go yourself we will be here to advise

Name:	4todm.png 
Views:	181 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	64569  
    Last edited by handrawn; 06 August 2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: clarification - add ' a technique'
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Are you requesting that a Xara employee finish some work for you?

Why should they (or anyone else for that matter) do this for you? Is this really your work? Looks a little blurry for something you would have drawn at much higher quality.

Please give a reason why you'd like someone to complete work that you can't finish yourself?

You might not have read it explicitly in the Forum Rules and although I can't speak for Xara staff, TalkGraphics does not do 'freebies' - sorry.
    Sorry if you guys got me wrong, AND YES THIS IS MY WORK, this character has been on my sketches for a long while ago, you can see some works i early made here http://mx.geocities.com/wcrsnipers/turoks_index.html, just click at GALERIA and you can start watching some works i made, why it wouldnt be mine? (I really dont understand the point of your question), and im not requesting any Xara employee to finish my work, the only thing i want, is if someone has the time to put some color into this, it would be great, by the way its just one page, didnt mean to make this a comic page, originally i started drawing the cat with the sword and then i realized that i could make this a comic page. Here is the link for this page at deviantart http://turoks.deviantart.com/art/Ink...eame-129024220 (You can watch the other drawing if you like). By the way i post some vector that a friend of mine added. Oh i almost forgot: "Y con divina maestria rebanaba a todo aquel que se cruzaba" = And with divine skills, it sliced everyone that came in front of his road.

Name:	FLR.TRK-MIX-.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	64586  

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    .......I have no idea whether the protagonist in the drawing is meant to be a 'divine master' [of whatever type as there are many] or not, and in any case my Spanish is pretty ropey , so I could have got it wrong

In other words - I have no real idea of the mood or the setting or the direction in which this piece goes - what the atmosphere is

All these things would make it very difficult to render it well

Still it is not actually that difficult a technique - I did the attached just to practice a couple of things - its all vector, the lines in epression 3 [but you could use another program], and the coloring in xtreme

yes I know the inking is a bit rough and ready - I did not spend too much time on it you understand

if you want to give it a go yourself we will be here to advise
    They look very nice, i hope you watch the colored one that i posted.

thank you for the translation - I knew my Spanish was bad - that explains a lot and helps to get a feel - poor old babelfish fell down badly on this one..

I really like the rendering you have posted - very good

Thank you also for the comment on my 'quickies'

Of course all experienced renderers have their own style - which brings us to the question: why do you want another one done? - Is the one you posted not right in some way?

Incidently - to my eye there is something a bit wrong with the top half of the unfortunate slicee with respect to his/her bottom half.

At first I thought it was that the body was the wrong way round - but its an unnatural head and arm positioning I think, that is giving me this impression.

Anyway it is good work - thanks for posting it up

[Sledger was only doing his moderator thing by asking if it was your own]
    Nothing lasts forever...

Why do i want another done? I just want to see how it will look. BTW, color its not my thing.