Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Blender News - Version 2.5 - October 09

i saw a few blender videos earlier today....and looks much different to the earlier one.... ive been wasting a lot of time and have been postponing all the time ...now it is time is shud start learning how to use blender.... i ve found a few sites tht are good to learn it. i ve an idea of how to use Google Sketchup...and it wud be very useful for all those who are new to 3D graphics and stuff.

I've been wanting to learn Blender too, but just can't make myself wade through the learning process. I had learned another at one time but it went by the wayside, no more forum or anything. I think it was called anim8or or something. Blender looks to be a better program though. I also have Hexagon installed, but there again I can't make myself go through the learning. I wish I could get of my rusty dusty and do one or the other, not that I have any real use for either program, I don't, I just think it would be nice. For a long time now X3D, and Xtreme have kept me fascinated, those along with Google Sketchup satisfy my needs. Maybe that's why I don't do it. I have also tried 3DStudioMax, and took a class in AutoCAD, but, that was a long time ago. Mostly I am or was a painter and only so so with computer art. I wish you luck and much success.
    Who knows maybe this is just what I need to get me going.
    Not that you'll need it, but, good luck anyway tiendunn732.
    After you get going I'd love to see what you have done.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

To all who starts using Blender (version 2.5). Remember it's an Alpha version meaning that there's a lot of bugs and features not implemented yet. Be patient !

The beta will be out soon (I hope... the final release will coincide with the Durian film)

Tutorials are just coming out and deals mostly with the interface.

version 2.49b is very good and lots of tutorials available.
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !