Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Advice on Text Formatting

I need advice on using the text features to format a marketing brochure, although this would apply to anything really where there is lots of text and a fixed container. The brochure has a front and back and is 2 column with some graphics (text repelled). I am trying to figure out the best approach to ensure that I do not have a multitude of different text scales. I hope that makes sense.

Is it best to simply type all the text - either in boxes or columns (with a mixture of headings and sub-headings and when the content is final just re-size the boxes/columns?

I understand this is not directly a Xara question but I would appreciate the help.

Also where is it usually best to use text boxes unless the column of text extends down the entire page?

Default Re: Advice on Text Formatting

To answer your last question, you will have to use text boxes if you are going to use the text repel feature. Any text within text boxes may be selected and the font changed, resized or made italic or bold, so text boxes would seem to be appropriate if you are using 2 columns to a page. Linking is possible beween the two text boxes, so this seems to be the most flexible arrangement for you to use. So I would type everything first and save it, then do your text formatting afterwards to get it looking how you want.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

By applying a name to selections of text, such as the text of all your headings, or of your subheadings, you can subsequently modify the font size or other attributes consistently across your document. (If you add a new heading, though, the font size will not automatically pick up the attributes as is the case with styles - you will have to apply it yourself)
    Tony

Bob/Tony - thanks for both those suggestions.